cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty Employee

Pontiac Trans Am from McQueen’s last movie is up for sale

Two years ago, we shared the crazy story of the 1979 Pontiac Trans Am that Steve McQueen drove in his final movie, The Hunter. And if you’re a McQueen fan, the story just got better: the car is for sale ... Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/buying-and-selling/pontiac-trans-am-from-mcqueens-last-movie-is-up-for...

31 REPLIES 31
New Driver

Never heard of that movie. Just saw the 2 minute clip on here. Just lost 2 minutes of my life watching a horrible movie.

New Driver

I'd rather have the harvester - can you imagine that rolling on the stage at Mecum?

New Driver

I think the original Massey Ferguson 760 combine would be the best investment to search for and if found restore it!

New Driver

Just wash and wax that beauty and she'll be good as new.

Intermediate Driver

Somehow I don't think that thing's gonna fetch much money. Dough nails it directly below. 

Pit Crew

Lightning McQueen was chased by Frank the combine harvester. Coincidence? I think not. 

Intermediate Driver

The story is the point here... it's everything! The car is just another piece of junk.

The people who promote and perpetuate this "false rarity, one of a kind, special vehicle" crap are just money grubbing bottom feeders.

Some cars are indeed special, rare, cutting edge, etc. But the focus on distilling everything automotive down to dollars misses the point completely. Just enjoy the story and scrap or part out the junk cars.  You haven't MISSED OUT on anything.

Hagerty's writer's and contributor's research and presentation of these cars is what gives you access to some very cool stories.

Pit Crew

I am sure someone will pay lots for this gem. I'm also confident someone would pay large for a bar stool that James Dean once farted upon. 

New Driver

"No tire kickers. I know what I've got"

Pit Crew

Junk iz junk!