cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Peek inside FDR's flathead V-12-powered, armored 1942 Lincoln | Hagerty Media

In its latest video celebrating million-dollar cars, the Petersen Automotive Museum takes an in-depth look at President Franklin Delano Roosevelt's armored 1942 Lincoln, just in time for Presidents' Day. Petersen's chief historian Leslie Kendall gives this tour from the museum's Vault, where this Lincoln can usually be found surrounded by other cars that were used by various international heads of state.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/automotive-history/peek-inside-fdrs-flathead-v-12-powered-armored-1942...
8 REPLIES 8
spoom
Technician

The lines are simple elegance, a gorgeous car.
Cjg
New Driver

I’m a fan of Lincolns and Mercurys. Very interesting video. Would like to see more regarding this vehicle.
sclin10
Detailer

'Franklin, you're gonna drive me to drinkin' if you don't stop driving that hot-rod Lincoln!'
---- Eleanor Roosevelt
Tom9716
Intermediate Driver

Always liked that song by Commander Cody and his Lost Planet Airmen. Now there’s a cool name if there ever was one.
Tinkerah
Technician

Speaking of the song, do we know who won the Hagerty/Sweetwater Hot Rod Lincoln contest? My entry seems to have been lost in the (e)mail.
Sajeev
Community Manager

@Tinkerah You can see the winner here:  https://community.hagerty.com/t5/hagerty-lounge/enter-our-hot-rod-lincoln-contest/m-p/12747 

Just sort the post from "Newest to Oldest" so you don't have to scroll thru all 71 replies to see it.  

Tinkerah
Technician

Thanks for trying Sajeev, but I get "Invalid Parameters Specified" when I open the link with no clear path forward. It's not critical, I mostly wanted to know that someone won, and that indicates that it wasn't me. I can stop holding my breath.... -Dave

Sajeev
Community Manager

Ugh, I don't know why it does that!  Will try click here, fingers crossed this works.

But yes, he did win and there's a photo of him enjoying the prizes.