cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryan
Hagerty Employee

Paolo Pininfarina’s favorite designs from the family archives

Pininfarina has an extensive collection of cars from its 90-year heritage. We asked Paolo Pininfarina, grandson of the founder and current manager of the design business that bears his name, to select some of his favorites. Here are his picks and commentary:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/hagerty-magazine/paolo-pininfarinas-favorite-designs-from-the-family-a...

10 REPLIES 10
dimitri911
New Driver

test

merlebalke
Detailer

The Alfa is easily my favorite.

SilentBoy741
Advanced Driver

One look at the Alfa P33 and all I can hear inside my head is " ♫ Go Speed Racer, Go! ♪ "

OldCarMan
Instructor

The Modulo is the only real concept in this group. It still looks more advanced than any concept vehicle done in the last 25 years!

Tim
Instructor

The Giulietta, Nash-Healey and 124 are works of art with beautiful lines and graceful curves. These and several of the Ferrari models of the '60s really evoke "Pininfarina" with me.

ppointer
Intermediate Driver

The Isuzu Impulse was beautiful.  Probably not to the degree of the above cars, but maybe deserves a mention.

Maestro1
Instructor

The Modulo, the Fiat 124 Spyder, I had one 100 years ago and loved it, the Ferrari P6 is stunning, and I have fond memories of the Alfa Giulietta. Mine was light blue. Lovely car.

Thanks for the memories.............

PFV6
Passenger

The three quarter rear view of my Lancia Flaminia Pinin Farina Coupé!

Okey78
Intermediate Driver

The Ferrari 250 GT Lusso is THE masterpiece.  Close second, the 250 GTB SWB.  I think both look better than the GTO (I know, heresy).

ChevyDave
Intermediate Driver

The title of the article is “Paolo Pininfarina’s Favorite Designs”...so much respect to Mr. Pininfarina’s opinions.

And while I’d have the 512 Speciale, 1965 Dino Concept, 1965 250 LM Berlinetta one-off, and Mythos on my list, I do agree that the P6 is Pininfarina’s least appreciated concept and contributor to the Ferrari partnership.

Besides informing the design for the soon to follow 365 GTB/4 BB, the side intakes and slight dihedral treatment of the hood/fender transition would make their way to the 308 as well. What the P6 may have lacked in boundary-pushing awe, it more than made up for in providing proof of concept for Ferrari’s most successful model up to that time.

Also agree with Mr. Pininfarina regarding the Modulo (and Pinifarina’s other concepts): I don’t care how devoted a fan of Ferrari Mr. Glickenhouse is, these cars belong in museums, not the garages of collectors to be tinkered with like playthings.