cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Ozarks International Raceway is set to bring motorsports to Missouri | Hagerty Media

J.R. Pesek had been visiting the Ozarks in southern Missouri for a while when he realized it would be the perfect spot to build a race track. "There aren't any tracks in the middle of the U.S., and there seemed to be some opportunities in the Ozarks," he recalls.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/ozarks-international-raceway-is-set-to-bring-motorsports-to-misso...
7 REPLIES 7
Rick66
Intermediate Driver

Dear Mr. Pesek. Thank you. If the local enthusiast culture in the KC area is any indication you will be swamped with fans. At close to 4 miles you seem to be set for any series. Hope to see a MotoAmerica bike event on the schedule as well as all the various pro auto series and HPDE events. Road America and Barber are great tracks but 9 and 12 hours away respectively.
Set the schedule man, sign me up.
Historian
Detailer

I do hope they open it up to the occasional days when individuals can rent tract time without belonging to SCCA, etc. I have been planning to take my Corvette out to Heartland Motorsports in Topeka, for that reason, but would much rather run it on this track!
Rick66
Intermediate Driver

Yep, those pesky walls at Heartland will definitely jump out and ruin your week.

headude
New Driver

This is wonderful news alright. My best friend (in Pagosa Springs, CO), my brother (in Woodside, CA) and I (in Waco, TX) have always wanted to find an exceptional course, not too far away, that embraced some of the interesting challenges of the California tracks we touched in the 80s — Sears Point (Infineon Raceway), Laguna Seca (ex-Mazda Raceway), Riverside (wah! no longer here) and Willow Springs, as well as some of those we hoped to see and drive in our retirement (like Elkhart Lake, Road America, etc.). Thankfully, I am not too far from COTA in Austin, which I look forward to as well. We are working towards getting a trio of Boxsters for just such a purpose. Know that we will be following your progress and wishing you all the best in meeting the inherent challenges and timelines. Thank you for doing this!
Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved.
ScorpionRacingG
New Driver

As soon as the track is certified, this would be a perfect Mid Country stop for the Hoosier Racing Tire SCCA Super Tour.
Rick66
Intermediate Driver

Please stop talking about this track. It really is in the middle of no where. Nearest Starbucks is 109 miles and God knows if you can even get Sushi anywhere in the whole state. And all those damn elevation Whoops and Doos. You have heard that this was a Turkey farm, right? NO ONE should come here!

Appreciate ya'll.

PassTheSpanner
New Driver

I found this great video on the track now that it is open: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkGsLjMKoZY