cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty Employee

Our 13 favorite supercars from the Petersen Museum’s newest exhibit

The Petersen Automotive Museum is constantly updating its offerings, adding wonderfully curated exhibits every few months that cater to a wide range of enthusiasts. While it recently added an off-road-themed display that highlights desert racing and exploration, the museum also built a self-guided, socially-distant tour through the history of some well-known road-going beasts. Supercars: A Century of Spectacle and Speed tells the story of street-legal performance cars. We got to preview the exhibit just before it opened, so you may notice that some displays plaques aren’t yet installed in these photos. Rest assured that they’re in place now.

While each of the 20+ cars in the exhibit was selected by the Petersen for its performance, its style, and its impact on the automotive industry, we couldn’t help but pick 13 of our favorites to highlight. Here they are, in chronological order:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/lists/our-top-13-supercars-from-the-petersen-museums-newest-exhibit/

36 REPLIES 36
Pit Crew

I think the Ferrari Design language started with the 206 and 246 Dino, and the 308 was the natural progression...

Pit Crew

How can you leave out the 540K???

Hard choice of those listed ... will go with the ... damn this is hard ... F1 ... inching out the Countach!!!

Pit Crew

While I wouldn't kick either of them out of bed for eating crackers, the Testarossa and Countach are two of my least favorite supercars.

New Driver

Gt40

New Driver

The Shelby 427 Cobra wasn't super?

New Driver

McClaren M6GT all the way...Beautiful, Chevy power...

Intermediate Driver

I had the poster... Lambo.  Baddest car of all time in my opinion.  

Intermediate Driver

Frankly, none. These are all museum or tycoon garage fodder and are impractical immobile displays or ego mobiles. 

Pit Crew

In terms of driving experience, I would take the Testarossa, but I love the looks of old classics and if I was selecting a long term one to drive about, that Duesenberg just wins my heart.