cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Not an IS F, but the 2022 Lexus IS 500 F Sport Performance champions V-8 power | Hagerty Media

While other automakers are replacing V-8s with turbocharged sixes and even turbocharged four-cylinders, Lexus is dropping a high-revving, naturally aspirated V-8 into its usually-sedate IS compact luxury sedan. The 2022 Lexus IS 500 F Sport Performance will be sold exclusively in North America and pairs the sharp looks of the recently updated IS sport sedan with a 472-horsepower 5.0-liter V-8 and some posh cosmetic enhancements.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/2022-lexus-is-500-f-sport-performance-v8-power/
3 REPLIES 3
Germanicus
Intermediate Driver

Good on Lexus for making the car we've all wanted Cadillac to make for a decade.
CitationMan
Detailer

Makes the Acura TLX S Type with its 355 hp look lame even before it’s out. Smart move by Lexus to provide this information early, dumb move by Acura to release the S Type many months too late. Also dumb for Acura not to put a 400 hp motor in the TLX.
Gary_Bechtold
Intermediate Driver

I am very excited by this. I loved the old IS F in all it's various years but 2011-2014 were the best. GS F was fun, I was even considering picking up one in the CPO Lexus market. With the 5.0 V8 coming out in a lighter and more nimble package this should be real fun to drive. I currently have a 2018 IS 350 F Sport and was disappointed the 2021 did not have any more power. Sure it was a better car but it's competitors had it out gunned. This takes everything I love and puts it in a fun sedan but now with V8 power. Naturally aspirated V8's are slowly going away. This is on my very short list. Make mine that red or the blue the F cars have had.