cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

New 2 Series forgoes manual, Bentley Flying Spur gains hybrid, the last V-12 Lambo | Hagerty Media

Welcome to The Manifold, our fresh daily digest of news and what's happening in the car world. Intake: Meet the next BMW 2 Series, which will get its dynamic debut at this weekend's Goodwood Festival of Speed. It's bigger, with overall length up by 4.1 inches, wheelbase increased by 2, and width by 2.5.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/the-manifold/2021-07-07/
11 REPLIES 11
CitationMan
Technician

Current BMWs look like they have a different designer for the front, back, and sides of the car. And they never talk to each other. BMW really needs to stop bringing up the 2002, it’s embarrassing at this point.
TG
Instructor

It looks like my 1 Series with Mustang headlights and Lexus brake scoops
Eric
Hagerty Employee

this comment is On. The. Money.

CitationMan
Technician

Watch Frank Stephenson on the new 4 Series.  He’s almost speechless when he gets to the grill because he is trying to give constructive criticism.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qSj1Nj2rTc8

Hey folks,I've noticed a lot of comments asking me to cast my eye over the polarising evolution of BMW's new 4 series. So, here is the latest episode of #Fra...
motorsledge
Intermediate Driver

And a Plum Crazy redux, no less...the BMW color palate is off the charts lately.
Rider79
Instructor

That new 2-series doesn't look bad, but like so many cars when they are restyled nowadays, it has lost the sleekness and visual lightness that the current model has. It has also lost the 6-speed option, sadly. Thankfully, though, it also "lost" the ludicrous 4-series grill!
gpsuya
Detailer

Re "An eight-speed auto is standard across the lineup". What a shame. "The Ultimate Driving Machine" is anything but, without the pleasure of rowing through the gears with a stick shift.
TG
Instructor

As much as I miss the 3rd pedal, after getting used to the autostick it is unquestionably superior from a performance perspective
Flashman
Technician

"... in the works in the works ..."
SJ
Instructor

Bought my last straight six in 1970.
CJinSD
Instructor

Twenty years ago, when BMW still built some attractive cars, their designs featured surface tension. Their lines began for a reason and ended for a reason, and nothing was random or ornamental. Having already inflicted the bad-Bondo-job looks of 'flame surfacing,' now BMW is giving us this amorphous blob of a car. I can only assume that the people who still lease BMWs will absolutely love it.