cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Music For Your Road, no. 5: The Guitars that Took Over the World, Part 1 | Hagerty Media

As the saying goes, "It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future." (Although Yogi Berra did say that, it seems that physicist Niels Bohr said something very similar, quite a bit earlier.) The British record label Decca (founded 1929) was one of the most important multi-genre record labels in the English-speaking world.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/opinion/music-for-your-road-no-5-the-guitars-that-took-over-the-world-...
3 REPLIES 3
GianniB
Pit Crew

Not to take anything away from the brilliant guitarist Hank Garland, but Scotty Moore did most of Elvis' 50's hits. Garland didn't work with Elvis until he came back from the service in 1960 on "Elvis Is Back". Even then, Scotty is also credited on that album.
johnmarianmarks
Intermediate Driver

Hi, Thanks for reading, and thanks for writing in. FWIW, Wiki dates the Hank Garland/Elvis collaborations from 1958:

Garland is perhaps best known for his Nashville studio work with Elvis Presley from 1958 to 1961 which produced such rock hits as: "I Need Your Love Tonight", "A Big Hunk o' Love", " I'm Coming Home", "I Got Stung", "A Fool Such As I", "Stuck on You", "Little Sister", "(Marie's The Name) His Latest Flame", and "I Feel So Bad".

# # #

Again, thanks for reading--Part 2 is on the way!

john marks
Bettyemae
Intermediate Driver

Thanks, John!
I’d like to carry your bag...