cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty Employee

Murray Pfaff’s ‘59 Imperial Speedster is the Mopar moonshot that never was

In the fab ‘50s, when GM and Ford blessed America with tantalizing two-seaters, Chrysler failed to rise to that challenge. Who says that misstep can’t be fixed, no matter how many decades have passed? Certainly not Murray Pfaff, Royal Oak, Michigan’s most creative and industrious automotive imagineer with some 300 car, truck, and motorcycle designs to his credit.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/murray-pfaffs-59-imperial-speedster-is-the-mopar-moonshot...

65 REPLIES 65
Intermediate Driver

I love the '59 Imperial, as I do many of Exner's creations. The Speedster does it justice. 

Intermediate Driver

Wow!  Good thing I saw this article.  If I'd seen the car on the street first, I probably would have driven into a ditch after craning my neck.

Pit Crew

Amazing. Kicks Chip Foose to the curb and splashes mud in his face as it drives by.

Pit Crew

Love and admire the workmanship, but overall, the car just looks awkward.  It's all front and rear, with nothing in-between.

Pit Crew

You are 100% correct ... my exact thoughts.
New Driver

Love it except the wheels don't project the 50's image and I think detract from the beautiful creation.

Pit Crew

Some "works of art" are not to be messed with. As a '59 Imperial Custom Coupe owner I'm glad he did not find it before me. The original designers would be either laughing or rolling over in their graves.

New Driver

I own an original 61 Imperial Crown convertible and LOVE it but this is next level gorgeous!  Too bad it was never produced by Imperial back in the day as it is a beauty!

Pit Crew

I agree completely.  It's impressive, but not appealing