cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

MCACN: Back for 2021 and muscled as ever

Welcome to the Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals, otherwise known as MCACN! As your tour guide, I will be giving you a tour of the impressive muscle that was on display late last month at the Donald E. Stevens Convention Center. This was an important show for 2021, particularly because last year the pandemic canceled [...]
https://www.hagerty.com/media/events/mcacn-back-for-2021-and-muscled-as-ever/
69 REPLIES 69
Islandtinman59
Pit Crew

Is it wrong to like them all?
Topblissgt
Pit Crew

It was an amazing show. Nice write up, Diego. Great job as usual
Diego
Advanced Driver

@Topblissgt, thank you!
eighthtry
Advanced Driver

No AMC?????? No excuses!!!!!! I wouldn't buy one, but they produced some damn interesting cars. I suggest a follow-up story on AMC. If none were there a copy of the registry will suffice for evidence, but a follow-up story is still in order.
Diego
Advanced Driver

Methinks you missed the sentence that read, "We’ll resume more coverage of this fantastic show in another article to come soon."
Diego
Advanced Driver

SJ
Technician

Fantastic and so are the pictures!
JSievers
Instructor

Wow. Over the top numbers of extremely cool cars from the peak muscle time. I had a 70-1/3 Ram Air III Trans Am back in the day, but that 455 HO Grand Prix is calling to me in the current day.
63AvantiR2
Pit Crew

I noticed no AMC and no Studebakers in this review. Studebakers were well represented at this years MCACN with Larks, Avantis and Hawks all being displayed. When a factory stock Lark can get into the 12 second range at Pure Stock Muscle Car Drags I feel it deserves a place in your lineup. This review is biased to the Big Three and fails as a result.
63AvantiR2
Pit Crew

I admit my error in not seeing Diego's caveat last line. That would have been better placed at the start of the article as I also see a lot of negative feedback from AMC owners. I await the continuation of this review.
Diego
Advanced Driver

corv3tte
Intermediate Driver

Nice cars but no GTO's later than '68....wish I had mine back.....sigh..... !
Diego
Advanced Driver

RW68RSConv
Detailer

I went for the first time this year - my buddy had a super bird there… which didn’t even make it into this article which should show how quality this show was. Simply amazing!! A MUST do bucket list item.
acooper529
Advanced Driver

Saw all of these new and even worked for Dodge in the early '70s. The early square body Road Runners and Chargers had the style and could FLY on the street. BUT they were spot welded junk with pitifully weak front suspensions. Ok straight line only.
The best quality were the Olds 442 and similar Buick mid size cars. BUT not as well known (stock) for outright speed or quickness. Much better ride... by far.
Rust-aholic
Pit Crew

1970 was the year! I’ve got a 1970 Buick GS 455, you either get it or you don’t.
Al
Intermediate Driver

My favorite of the whole bunch would be the Buick Stage 1, they were amazing
Billthecat707
Instructor

Great article showing a wonderful variety of sweet rides.
Billthecat707
Instructor

Can't wait for the next edition.
Diego
Advanced Driver