cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nathan
Hagerty Employee

Mazda confirms return of rotary engine for 2021, but don’t get too excited

Mazda confirmed something that enthusiasts have long been clamoring for, a return of the rotary engine. In a live-streamed event for the MX-30 crossover, Akira Marumoto noted that a rotary-powered range-extender was coming for the MX-30, starting in 2021 for the 2022 model year. The compact crossover was first shown in 2019 and is currently sold as a hybrid in Japan and with an all-electric powertrain in Europe.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com: https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/mazda-confirms-return-of-rotary-engine-for-2021-but-dont-get-too-...

5 REPLIES 5
JimR
Instructor

Old(er) news. And I was thinking that it was originally suppose to have been rolled out THIS fall for the 2021 models....making it a year late to boot.
Regardless the author is right...if you’re an enthusiast there’s nothing to see here. 🥱😴

spoom
Technician

Was it really necessary to tell people not to get excited? 😂

JimR
Instructor

^ Regarding a rotary engine,  IMO it makes NO sense to buy a used engine when a new short block can be had for the same money, and from a number of reputable vendors here in the states.
Your post looks like spam to me anyway. And if you have to spam, that’s usually a sign the product isn’t very good.

johnmarktitus98
New Driver

This is a Nice Blog, Thanks For sharing your knowledge!! I replaced my worn out car engine with a Used MAZDA Engine. Now my cars performance is very smooth. I bought this engine from Autoparts-miles.com one of the best site to buy Used car Engines online.
JimR
Instructor

I’d never buy a worn out used engine on-line. Especially from someone who desperately resorts to spamming forums.