cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lewis Hamilton’s dad is selling his exquisite and sporty 18-car collection

Anthony Hamilton, known to most of the world as racing driver Lewis Hamilton’s dad, has consigned 18 cars from his collection to UK-based Silverstone Auctions as part of the company’s “Classic Live Online Auction” July 31–August 1. Hamilton has good taste, if I do say so myself. There's a group of well-restored British sports cars (particularly Triumphs), a few nice Minis, and a couple of supercars thrown in for good measure. A full list of the collection is below.

Read the entire article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/auctions/lewis-hamiltons-dad-is-selling-his-exquisite-and-sporty-18-ca...

Replies (22)

Replies (22)

43 miles on a Ford-GT?  What is life all about? Was he trying to get more money when he sold? I would, if I owned it drive it every chance I got, and leave this world with no regrets and a smile on my face!

Passenger

Very interesting sports car collection! Obviously somebody who collects for himself and what interests him. No doubt he would be a great interview for a car site / mag if he would talk about these cars and what he loved about each one.

Pit Crew

seeing a couple of these cars that have never been driven is fairly depressing. They've turned into investments alone. Given the technology of newer cars, that seems a poor risk in the long term as they will be largely obsolete and difficult/impossible to keep running

New Driver

Must be nice having a mega-rich, record breaking Formula 1 driver in the family. With my kids I was lucky to get a tank of gas.

New Driver

A lovely and arresting collection. I'm sure some will laugh but I think the TR-7 is a beauty in terms of design and color. The Corvette is stunning, one of my favorite years, and I haven't seen an Alvis in forever. And Doretti (plural?) 

I've always wanted a Stag but I can't figure out what to do about the driveline issues. Very well done Hagerty.

And all of you remember to wash your hands and wear a mask.And stay well.

Intermediate Driver

The 1957 Triumph has a TR3 grille, not a TR3A grille.

Passenger

That TR8 is so pretty in that golden/copper hue that I'm willing to help push it any time!!

Pit Crew

These types of stories make me sick.  Hoarding cars that never see the light of day is not the way I think this hobby is about.  Drive them and enjoy them.  If you want a museum just go to Lemay and look at those cars.

Passenger

What no Morgan?  Too bad.  Nice collection never the less.

New Driver

Shucks, not even one (1)  Jag?

New Driver

Father of least likable F1 driver in history.........

Passenger

Terrific collection!  I can relate.

Navigator

most of these cars are slugs;

cannot believe there a market for Triumphs, particularly at those prices—they’re kit cars pretty much save for the Stag, which was basically a British Edsel;

now the Lola-Ford GT with trailer queen miles i can see, but the SLR requiring service after only 11K miles?

that has to set off alarm bells;

Pit Crew

1271-cubic-inch overhead-cam six is huge for a small two seater.

Where is the Aston Martin?

Passenger

1271-cubic-inch overhead-cam six is a big motor for a small car 😁

Where is the Aston Martin?

Passenger

With a few exceptions (TR7, Ford GT) I would like to own this whole collection.  I have a real soft spot for high quality ‘50s British sports cars and these are some really nice examples.  If I owned ‘em - I’d want to drive ‘em - which is why I’d never buy them all.

Passenger

The man certainly has good taste. Beautiful cars. If I'm not mistaken, Alvis is better known for building trucks? 

Intermediate Driver

to understand why this collection is worth the coin is to understand french cuisine.  Works of art that can move you on a molecular level.  No I don't have the money and no, I truly am not a food critic, However the '57 'Vette is my car....To those who can afford this collection:  god bless you...  ENJOY!

Passenger

Anyone remember how Ferrari got caught rolling back the odometers of cars that belonged to their favorite high-net-worth customers? Hamilton's father does!

Intermediate Driver

Well.....I had one of these, although mine was a '61 Austin- Healey....the Mercedes Mclaren hybrid is a car that is hard to understand...seems totally ungainly with the over extended snout...all in all a spectacular collection though.

New Driver

The Italia GT shows just how pedestrian most of Triumph’s styling was. Beautiful car. It’s also interesting how the Doretti’s styling seems to have been ripped off to create the later 100/3000 series cars.

Pit Crew

All very nice cars, but I'll take that 57 Corvette any day over the rest of them.

New Driver