cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Keeping the Corvair project tracking straight turned out easy

Garages are often like dress pants. You buy what seems like the perfect fit and when the time comes to use them they are too small. You don't have that problem? Only me? I don't believe you, but okay. The latest example of my space constraints has been getting the 1965 Chevrolet Corvair steering repaired.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/maintenance-and-tech/keeping-the-corvair-project-tracking-straight-tur...
5 REPLIES 5
hyperv6
Racer

The rule of garages is this.

You always add 6 feet to what ever size you build that way you will end up 6 feet short of what you need once you move in.

No matter how big you build it the garage is never big enough.

I did find my first garage 24x 36 with the doors on the long side was not as useful as my 24x 36 with a double door on one short side end and a single on the other short side end. Just more flexibility and shop space
Kyle

I'm in a 24x36ish currently and with three doors on one of the long walls. It is certainly enough space to be dangerous--especially if I had ceiling height. If only.
Flashman
Technician

"...the otherome". Seems like you're missing perhaps a ". S". I hope you remembered to tighten the bolts properly.
Kyle

Thanks for pointing this out. I got it corrected.
WAKman
Intermediate Driver

"No problem, that should be a one-Saturday job."
I've said this myself a whole lot of times, only to have the project stretch into three weeks as things broke, didn't fit, etc.