cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the Pacific Northwest, station wagons are far from forgotten

The mountains and winding roads around Snoqualmie, Washington, are enveloped in dense fog. This is the Pacific Northwest, after all. Lichen hangs from tree branches, and moss covers the ground like a dense carpet. Over one-third of Sasquatch sightings in North America occur in this region.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com: https://www.hagerty.com/media/events/in-the-pacific-northwest-station-wagons-are-far-from-forgotten/

Replies (13)

Replies (13)

It would have been nice to see some classic Detroit Iron photos. Dodge, Plymouth, Ford, Chevy, Edsel. Personally, my daily driver is a 1986 Eagle Wagon

Pit Crew

I've liked Wagons ever since our family's 1st new car, a '57 Plymouth Sport Suburban, and have owned several since. My favorite was a stripper, ex-USAF '63 Savoy I restified as a Max Wedge tribute/clone/what-the-hell-is-that. Those that "got it" shared in its mischievous humor

Pit Crew

Was so excited when the Buick tour X came out.  Had the local dealer call me when they hit the lot.  Check book in hand.  And then I saw the sticker price!  a mid level at $44k and a top near $50k.  No deals!..... didn't get one.     I wonder how many others were scared off by the lofty sticker price.  And now they are gone.  I wonder why?

Pit Crew

I have my dad's 88 Country Squire with the infamous "wood" trim. It was his baby and is in great shape. I get plenty of  👍 when driving it.

New Driver

Went and took my drivers test in a 1954 Plymouth 2 dr wagon stick shift. Back in 1960 in MA if you got your license with an automatic an A was put after your license # and youe only permitted to drive cars with automatic transmissions. Would love to find a 54 PLY> today to restomod.

Passenger

Ahh, the old 510 station wagon in blue-- Dad had a '72. Used to go camping with 2 brothers, a john boat on top, a dog and enough camping equipment for 2 weeks. Still got almost 32mpg.

Passenger

That looked like a very cool show.

New Driver

Odin the Volvo and I have a new dream destination post-COVID, looks like. 

Hagerty Employee

Wagons.  Love 'em.  I've had six over the last 50 years or so and have enjoyed every one.

Three American and three German.  My current favorite is still in the garage; an

'05 MBZ E 500.  Best road tourer ever.  One I'd like to own again is the '67 Ford Country

Squire with the 390.  What a fun car.  This West coast get together in Washington looks

like fun.  Hmmmmm!

JD in Ohio

New Driver

We had wagons while I was growing up. '58 Buick was my fave. So I bought a 2011 Acura TSX Sportwagon. Could probably put it in the back of the Buick, but I love it!

Navigator

Where is the photo shoot that should have came with this article? Grew up with 5 brothers and sisters. We had 9 passenger wagons. Early 50's Studebaker, 57 Ford   Ranch wagon, and a 63 Pontiac Vista Cruiser. The later with a 330 hipo v8. Pegged that speedo as a 16 year old, more than once!

New Driver

We are on our second Audi—the first an Avant am now a lowered allroad, which I love every day (5 years in). Our urban hauler is fast (APR ECU flashed), agile on 19 inch wheels with Quattro, and easily goes from Tail of the Dragon to bringing home 23 bags of mulch inside, or hauling our kayaks on the roof and now on a trailer. #AvantLove #LongRoofForever

Passenger

Cool!  The only wagon in my family was my grandfather's 1960 Dodge Dart Seneca, with 318/TorqueFlite, bought new in December 1960.

Intermediate Driver