cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

In 1970, this was the Buick you'd really rather have | Hagerty Media

Could 1970 have been Peak GM? That's a somewhat divisive assertion to make, but I happen to think it may be true, despite all the goodness present in the 1965 GM lineup. And 1967, and 1968... I can go on. Everything looked good in '65, from Corvair to Cadillac, but 1970 was also pretty great for fans of the General.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/opinion/klockau-classics/this-was-the-buick-youd-really-rather-have/
2 REPLIES 2
kink56
New Driver

White interior was not an option on the 1970 Electra Custom convertible. I agree black is a bad choice however. Interior colors for the convertible were: Black, Red, Burnished Saddle (dark brown) or Sandalwood (beige). Black Cherry was not an original color either. I cannot tell by the photos but maybe this car is the original Burgandy Mist color. The Sandalwood color would be a perfect combination.
kink56
New Driver

The top of the line was the Electra Limited, but not available in a convertible. But the brocade cloth interiors in the Electra Limited was jaw droppingly beautiful and the most comfortable with its extra padding.