cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

I slid my way to better riding at American Supercamp, and so should you | Hagerty Media

As he launched into his opening speech at American Supercamp, Danny Walker shook two large plastic bottles-one filled with Tylenol, the other with Ibuprofen. "Today the meds are free-tomorrow, they're $20 a pill." I laughed. At 30 years old how beat up could I possible get riding in circles on a 10-hp bike designed for a seventh grader?
https://www.hagerty.com/media/motorcycles/american-supercamp-riding-school/
8 REPLIES 8
bblhed
Advanced Driver

I no longer have the interest in owning a dirt bike or a place to ride one, this actually sounds like it could be a good solution to scratch that old dirt bike itch without spending a small stack of money or having to deal with the police, or both at the same time.
Kyle

For sure! If you aren't careful you'll attend just to play around and leave with a handful of new skills.
Tinkerah
Technician

I could've used more words but wouldn't've said it better.
Swamibob
Instructor

I love the concept. They just need to do it with pit bikes or mini bikes for old people, or people who don't ride bikes regularly, like me. 🙂
Kyle

The TTR125 is really perfectly sized. It's not full-on "mini" like a Honda XR80 so we as riders aren't cramped but it's clear the bikes are "small." TTR125s are 19" front wheel to give some scale for those images.. I'm 6 foot tall and of meager strength but could toss that TTR around no problem.
ConfuciusRacing
Detailer

Nice article. I have been to Danny's camp 3 times over the last 20 years, and his program has evolved, and still there's stuff to learn. The instructors are not only fast but ego free and committed to helping you actually 'do' the stuff on the sheet of paper. Anyone who rides can benefit from this school. Recommended.
SilentBoy741
Advanced Driver

Why is Danny's clipboard showing the strategy guide for Space Invaders?
brb
Advanced Driver

Good article and good advice. I put myself on the waiting list for this year's Greeley Camp.