cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryan
Hagerty Employee

Hyundai wants to help you build a soapbox racer

Looking for a fun automotive project you can complete in the safety of your own garage? Perhaps an engine swap is a bit out of your budget, and you’d love to get the kids involved. Hyundai just released a comprehensive guide for building a soap box racer using components easily found at your local hardware store. At-home shop class, anyone?

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/hyundai-wants-to-help-you-build-a-soapbox-racer/

4 REPLIES 4
hyperv6
Gearhead

hyperv6
Gearhead

I would love to have the Hyundai people over and show them how to build and tune a real Soap Box Derby Car. We compete in the series and what they present here really would not run well. In a run down the hill in Akron our Masters class car would smoke this thing. No aero, wrong wheels and the physics on the Hyundai car are way off the Mark. If Hagerty wants to present the real thing please contact us. There is a lot more to this than just rolling down hill. I have been in racing for 40 years and was shocked at how the real derby cars are very precise tuned races vs what I originally thought.
hyperv6
Gearhead

EAF11FCB-8ED8-49B8-8E01-87E41C02D715.jpeg

hyperv6
Gearhead

67E8E573-DF26-4806-AB8E-E7FF0A69A69A.jpegWanna race Hyundai? 

Steven