cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to score a sweet Dawn Patrol hat without flying to Monterey

“I can sleep when I’m dead.” It’s the humorous battle cry coined by those who rise and shine before the sun and get stuff done. It’s also the mentality required to set your alarm for 4 a.m., brave the cool morning breeze at the edge of the Pacific Ocean, and watch some of the world’s greatest automobiles arrive at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance each year. It isn’t as crazy as cutting a hole through the ice of a frozen lake and joining the slightly odd dunkers in the Polar Bear Club, but it’s a stretch for many car enthusiasts. So, beyond the awesome cars, what is your reward for becoming a hearty member of the Hagerty Dawn Patrol? Donuts. Coffee. And, as anyone who has ever participated can attest, the cerise sur le sundae is an exclusive Dawn Patrol hat, which proclaims to the world that you’re no ordinary car lover.

Read the entire article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/events/how-to-score-a-sweet-dawn-patrol-hat-without-flying-to-monterey...

Replies (40)

Replies (40)

finally, my sun-faded volvo's first chance to interact with concours culture! CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Hagerty Employee

I'm in. Look for an Isolation Island Concours sticker on the car. 🙂

Passenger

My alarm is set for the 16th. Planning a trip thru the Starbucks drive thru on historic Route 66 in St.Louis.

New Driver

I will waking the neighbors with my 69 Chevelle convertible that morning

EGregg

Passenger

Spot-on! Porsche 4S Roadster!

Passenger

We are in,see you at 7 AM on the east coast.

Passenger

I more than enjoyed this event and so did my daughter. Perhaps in years to come this could happen again as a virtual event for those that can't make it is California with mini gatherings all over America. Those that are on the Green get regular hats, and those not on the green get hats that are marked and Virtual Dawn Patrol.

Lets get more of these cars out and into the public eye.

Intermediate Driver

I Could Not Get My 76 Nova SS picture on your Ride At Dawn Sunday Morning site.

Wayne Brown

Navigator

Fun activity! It sparked me to get out of the house early, meet fam and friends (social distancing of course) and have coffee. Can’t wait to see what response I get wearing the hat! Thanks

New Driver

Like Pebble Beach this year, I had to cancel my Dawn Patrol cruise , due to new sidewalks being ripped up in front of my property. But, I will return next year (my 30th).

Daytona Rick

New Driver

Beautiful morning to drive my 1962 Porsche 356S Coupe, 70 degrees and sunny. Owned for 30yrs. and love a good morning drive on the backroads here in Indiana.

New Driver

We do a car  show every Sunday (C&C) so it will be more.

Passenger

I'm in. Look for a American Tri Five Association sticker on my ride.

Passenger

A great idea!  Make mine blue, please!

Mike Joy

Passenger

i sent a photo of my 1966 impala ss conv that moring and never heard from anyone at hagerty but i did get alot of likes from other members thank you for concern

Passenger

has anyone got there hat yet just wondering

Pit Crew

We launched the Elise from our apple orchard for a early drive including church before back to the farm.  I'm more vintage than most of our cars and haven't figured out how to attach photos! 

Passenger

Was out cruising in my 1978 FJ40. Send me a hat!!!

New Driver

I’m a first timer, I love I can share in the event from where I am. In PA its scheduled to rain but I’ve precautious. I have a 70 Pontiac lemans sport that I absolutely love to drive it gets so much attention. People ask about the color and age old question what’s under the hood.

New Driver

Raining here this am - drove down the parkway to Mt. Vernon - 993 in fine shape.  Great view, but couldn't get my images to load.... Thanks!

Passenger

Trying to submit a photo of my car after drive at dawn. Took a in country at about 8:00am.

Passenger

Wish I could get a hat went out and took a picture no way of putting it on here big joke

New Driver

My 1965 Corvair Monza Convertable

Passenger

Was unable to post pictures. 

Passenger

I’m in

New Driver

I am with my 1958 Studebaker Golden Hawk  

Intermediate Driver

I will be up and have my 1998 Black, Convertible Corvette, buffed and ready to tour the beautiful back highways of Vermont. You would not believe how much new blacktop is in northern Vermont. Makes for some awesome cruising! Everybody enjoy, have a great day and stay safe!!

New Driver

Come on Sunday!  Lookin' forward to joining the Dawn Patrol. Not sure what country road I'll travel or how far I'll drive but getting on the road and out of the house is going to be worth every mile.🕕🚘🕘

New Driver

im in, lets go guys and be safe. 

Pit Crew

Sure, I'm in. I can't think of a better way to start my day. Even though my Fargo is not complete, I can still take it for a run. Yea, Jump in my Fargo and go for a cruise. 

Passenger