cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

How McLaren kept the hybrid Artura on a diet without sacrificing performance | Hagerty Media

Like the lion's share of automakers, McLaren is going electric. Not whole hog, mind you-at least, not yet. In the interim between gasoline-drinking, flame-spitting fury and strange Tron-electro overlords zapping about, we have the Artura, Woking's newest hybrid supercar.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/how-mclaren-kept-the-hybrid-artura-on-a-diet-without-sacr...
3 REPLIES 3
Gary_Bechtold
Instructor

It's the McLaren NSX Superleggera. Pretty interesting and yet the plug in part seems kind of meh to me.
ChevyDave
Intermediate Driver

Would have been nice if the story had given the MSRP instead of making readers run a search outside of Hagerty for it. Also no mention if the Hybrid drivetrain features any kind of energy recapture or regen capabilities....so maybe not the right place to geek-out over all the high-tech engineering and little details?
OldRoad
Instructor

I guess a 120 degree V engine is about as horizontal as a V can get. I like the chimney idea for for the turbos. That to me is akin to the upright twin snorkels on the surface rear of the GT40s to cool off the bundle of snakes.