cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryan
Hagerty Employee

Highway police pull over five-year-old driving to buy himself a Lamborghini

You’ve got to admire the earnestness with which a five-year-old moves through life. At that age, decision trees have two, maybe three branches. “Can I have this?” is the question often posed to an authority figure, and for the most part, the matter is settled one way or the other. For five-year-old Adrian Zamarripa from Ogden, Utah, however, the gears of a a workaround started turning after a parent said “no.”

On Monday afternoon, a trooper from the Utah Highway Patrol (UHP) pulled over a white Dodge Journey on Interstate 15, suspecting an impaired driver. Instead, the police officer found Adrian behind the wheel.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/five-year-old-lamborghini-mom-says-no/

7 REPLIES 7
bblhed
Instructor

Great, now every kid that wants a cool car will be taking their parents car in the hopes of getting a ride in some cool car. This kid will also continue to live under the delusion that you get rewarded for bad behavior.

LeeJ45
New Driver

Or, maybe, just maybe the encounter with the cop, some positive re-direction by his parents, and a helpful Lambo owner who assisted in pointing out that there is a right way and a wrong way for everything may have turned this all into a learning experience.  

Historian
Detailer

Exactly!  The news, and even Hagerty is treating this brat like he is some kind of a celebrity, laughing and with this "oh, isn't that cute" attitude.  It's not cute, not funny, and he put people's lives, and property in danger.  The boy needs his butt whipped and to do some kind of community service to learn that driving is a privilege, not a right for every spoiled little brat who takes a mind to.  I've seen several news stories of cases similar to this in the last several years.  Think kids don't pay attention to stories on the news?  "He did it, so can I"

Rival
Pit Crew

bblhed, you must have been reading my mind

Joncarmel
Pit Crew

KID HAS NO TASTE,

IF IT WAS A SHELBY

HE WOULD BEEN SPOT ON!!!

TonyT
Technician

Historian, you are correct. In addition to reeducating the youth, his parents need to receive a lesson in how to keep an eye on their son and how to put the car keys in a location where the little pointyhead can't get to them. And the sympathetic Lambo owners should advise him of the cost of ownership involved with those and any car, for that matter.

Kenwarren
Pit Crew

Dangerous for sure...….bit his encounter with the police officer and the way the officer handled the situation could very well be life changing for the five year old. He might end up with a career in law enforcement.