cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hertz may be bankrupt, but the 1966 GT350H is a relic of its proud legacy

After trying to sell off some of its more valuable cars to pay off debt, troubled rental car company Hertz has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Whatever its final fate following reorganization, Hertz retains a proud history of renting out some of the hottest performance cars available. Now is the perfect time to look back at Hertz's most famous offering, the Shelby GT350H.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com: https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/hertz-may-be-gone-for-good-but-it-leaves-a-proud-legacy-i...

Replies (4)

Replies (4)

Owned two GT350H's from about '73 to '77. Paid #1,100 each. I was 20. Sold them when I changed jobs. Who knew. Yeah, their in the SAAC Registry. Still have some original purchase & sale paperwork. SAAC got copies for the owners. Appeared nobody really cared if they had the originals if they had good copies. Who knew where the values would ultimately go back then in the mid-70's. If you say, you would...unless you can show me a warehouse full of them that you bought to store away until today, then you're a liar. That's just for everyone who "knows". A lot of fun in those days...the vintage race guys are the only ones who truly get it today.

Passenger

From 1982 to 1989 I owned VIN 6S1023.  It was a green with gold stripes GT350H and for sure the one car that I never should have sold.  I bought it at a collector car auction "April In Rockford" [IL] for $6,600.  It was incredibly tight and ran and performed perfectly.  I only spent about $1,100 on it basically correcting what previous owners had cobbled up .... like pinstripes along side the gold LeMans striping, GT trumpet exhaust thru the rear valance, new KONI shocks ... plus hundreds of hours on my back cleaning and detailing the underside.  So I sold it for $28,500 because I thought I needed the money for law school ... turns out I didn't, but it was gone forever.  In fact ... it seems to be .... in the latest Shelby Registry I am listed as the last known owner but "current owner and location unknown" - since 1989!!  I sold it to someone in the Detroit area who said they'd keep it forever ... 6 months later it was in Hemmings with Weber carbs at a consignment dealer in California.  I've looked for it in Hemmings ever since.  I am tempted to have Revology build me a new one .... GT350H in Ivy Green with gold Hertz striping.  

New Driver

You Had to be 35. My 19-year-old body, wouldn’t allow me to even go into the front door

New Driver

In 2006 or so a friend and I rented a then new GT350H convertible in Miami and drove it to St Augustine. It was #247 or #253......can't remember now. I do remember wondering what it might be worth in the future.

New Driver