cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Haul your horses with this Ferrari 412 pickup conversion | Hagerty Media

Alright, hauling entire horses might be a bit much, but you can certainly haul some feed for your horses with this thing. As far as pickup conversions go, we certainly didn't have a 1985 Ferrari 412 on our bingo board of possible candidates.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/buying-and-selling/haul-your-horses-with-this-ferrari-412-pickup-conve...
17 REPLIES 17
couvguy
Pit Crew

Another answer to a question no one asked.
tahend
Detailer

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
RobertLLR
Intermediate Driver

That bed bottom is clearly not real teak boards--probably vinyl. That tacky bit--along with the inept and cheap aluminum edging of the "upper bed" (?) should be and indication of the level of workmanship here. That should lower the price another 10 grand, at least
merlebalke
Detailer

Watch the show, not vinyl, it is teak.
SuperCommando
Pit Crew

have not watched the show, but hoping that this was a basket case for a starting point. with a Chev engine its a big nope...probably gave up the Columbo to make another Ferrari live...maybe?
LamboEd
Intermediate Driver

This may be Red but it is no longer a Ferrari...... I wonder where the V12 went?
Whoever did this should be serving 20 years in the insane asylum.
That being said, I wonder what it will go for at auction, IF there are any bids!
Bmike
Detailer

Did anyone else think Fiat X1/9 on steroids when they first glimpsed this?
Zoomer
Pit Crew

And in 60 years, the most valuable of the series.
drhino
Instructor

The creative ways people screw up vehicles never ceases to amaze me. And, these hammerheads are glorified in a tv show. At least they started with a slushbox 412.
Greg_I
Advanced Driver

Anyone else getting vibes of this thing being like a failed Top Gear project car?

DeanH
Intermediate Driver

Another case for making abortions illegal (unless the mother's life is in danger)
hyperv6
Technician

While not my taste this is no major loss.

The 412 is not one of the more popular cars and would cost so much more to restore back original than it is worth.

Just because it says Ferrari does not make it a wise investment.

Many an exotic is just parted out or scrapped as it is not practical to restore do to rust or lack of market.

If this custom was not done odds are good it would just be parted out, scrapped or still sitting rotting.
js100
Intermediate Driver

El Cavallino?
merlebalke
Detailer

The car was purchased for around $6800. The Chevy V-8 was already in place, but it lacked a windshield and the paint was very crappy black. Personally I think it's kind of cool.
Geok86
Advanced Driver

It’s definitely weird, but the worst part for me, is the dual snorkel air intake through the hood....I’m actually ok with the rest of it...at a cheap enough price that is.
Historian
Detailer

Weird, but I like it!
bblhed
Detailer

A few years back a neighbor of mine was working on a friend's Chevy Cavalier Wagon that had been converted similarly to this. The Cavalier looked better and actually looked useful as a car and to move things, this conversion looks like neither. Also who in their right mind cuts a hole in the hood of a Ferrari?