cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryan
Hagerty Employee

Hagerty’s Dawn Patrol 2020 awards hats, breaks Internet

Well, that escalated quickly.

For years now, connoisseurs from around the globe have prized Hagerty’s “Dawn Patrol” hats distributed during one particular morning of the Pebble Beach Concours. You can’t buy one; you can only earn it by showing up at the right place and the right time. This year, with the concours on hiatus, we decided to get our growing group of commenters and contributors at community.hagerty.com in on the action. The challenge was simple: get your classic or collector vehicle out on the road yesterday morning before the dawn, and prove it to us via a photo in the Hagerty Community. We didn’t promote it heavily and we didn’t make a big deal of the event. How many people would participate? We figured it would be a few dozen. Maybe a hundred.

Boy, were we wrong about that ... Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/events/hagertys-dawn-patrol-2020-awards-hats-breaks-internet/

59 REPLIES 59
MidgetMG
New Driver

I would like to know if my car made it in I believe I tried for about 2 1/2 hours?
Sajeev
Community Manager

@MidgetMG don't worry we got your entry and it's being processed. Hang tight, you will get an email from us soon. 

FoMoCo
Navigator

Yeah I was up & out there took pics went to download it to Hagert. I had no luck with send my picture. I sent an email, and have heard nothing back yet.

Sajeev
Community Manager

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Just in case your email got lost, I am adding your email address to our contact list.  Just please bear with us, this was an overwhelming success for us and we are still collecting submissions.  But you will be contacted soon! 

TrentSteeves
Hagerty Employee

it was a literal overwhelming success, Congratulations Hagerty! 

MjMc
New Driver

Dawn Patrol 2020

Thank you Hagerty for doing this. It gave my wife and I a reason (during this pandemic) to get up early and take a cruise in our 32 Ford Roadster. It was fun and something we hadn’t done for some time. 

Look forward to receiving & wearing the Hagerty Cap.

MjMc

Redfang
Intermediate Driver

This was fun! As I mentioned when I posted my picture ... we all should wear the Hagerty 2020 hats during our local Cars & Coffee events!

chhistprof
New Driver

yup, that was crazy! Took me multiple tries, but I finally got my pic up!

TDsXK120
New Driver

Thank you, Hagerty.  Great FUN!

spdrescher
New Driver

I also was unable to submit my photo and message on Sunday.  I did so on Monday.  Hope I will receive my hat for the event.  Please add me to the list of participants.  thank you. my email is drescher@te.com

Sajeev
Community Manager

@spdrescher you are on the list and will get an email soon!
m5bb
Pit Crew

So Hagerty, great succes with the shut in wanting to get out. You succeded beyond your wildest dreams. Are we really going to get a hat and if so will my premiums increase next week? Just saying.... 3000x15 = $45000 for some hats. 

dgw
Passenger

So you are acknowledging receipt of the pictures? I emailed mine on the 16, from my phone because our power was out, from my fubaranch email address. I hope you got it as it was not specifically associated with my Hagerty account.

Sajeev
Community Manager

We have received the photos and you will be emailed in the next few days with more info.  We are using the email address you used to create your Hagerty Community account, so be on the lookout!

wdb
Detailer

So where's the hat?

Sajeev
Community Manager

You will be getting an email (at the email address you used to create your Hagerty Community account) soon, check your inbox! 

ckaletta
Pit Crew

Well I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one who had trouble getting my picture uploaded.  I finally settled on attaching my picture to the email received notifying me about the event Sunday.  Not sure where it went from there but I tried to get it out to you.  Hope you got it cause I hope I get a hat.  I'm still trying to catch up to that sleep I lost.

Sajeev
Community Manager

We also got every email submission, so you should be covered. 

SirChristopher
New Driver

Thank you Hagerty for doing this for us. I barely got my 1962 Mercedes 190SL out of the garage at dawn--dropped it into reverse without using the clutch--too used to modern auto transmissions! Burned rubber though, which I didn't think that little 1.9li OHC 4 was capable of, so a nice surprise after all, coincidently, on my 79th birthday.

Livedrive
Passenger

I was up took a drive and photo but I could not upload back to Hagerty. I hope to get a hat

jc340
Intermediate Driver

Oh no, ..........um, my alarm didn't go off, the power went out, I had a leg cramp, I had to walk the dog, and the neighbor's cat, .....I forgot. 

ozone
New Driver

A little tough to make Pebble Beach from Ohio. Thanks for the opportunity to make it remotely.

Tinkerah
Technician

Somehow I'm not a bit surprised. Not much else gets the troops into action like free swag! And I really did drive it around that morning in my PJ's and robe: https://community.hagerty.com/t5/hagerty-lounge/join-hagerty-for-a-drive-at-dawn/td-p/15522/page/33

sdcarnerd
New Driver

So bummed not to be up in Carmel / Monterrey this year, hoping it just makes next year all that much better.

StevenMoodie
New Driver

Took 2 vehicles out...

The one without A/C first!

Then the A/C car...

LOL

Good times

Np
Passenger

Had the same problem as other members tried to post for half an hour with no luck  finally gave up and took our ride   Maybe next year. Dagored60@comcast.net

Sajeev
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing your concern, if we have any extras we will be emailing you. 

Spotofbother
New Driver

So, how many???

Drake
Pit Crew

It was my very first time and I'm new to owning a car as a hobby! It's such a feeling seeing people from literally everyone come together for one common cause! Can't wait to get my first hat, and maybe one day, we can do it in person again! 

AutosByGlen
Pit Crew

Thank you for having the giveaway. Always wanted a Dawn Patrol hat. Looking forward to wearing it! 

Frank
Pit Crew

How about showing us a good variety of the photos you received? You could publish some every now and again or even make most of them available on a special page. How about it, early risers? Anyone else like to see the pictures? 

PorschePlay
New Driver

I've asked for the same thing! Total fun on the drive, irritating pain trying to get a pic loaded the morning of as many of us know. So, make a SUPER EASY post or way to see everyones pics @Hagerty and that would be great!
Sajeev
Community Manager

They are all available here: https://community.hagerty.com/t5/hagerty-lounge/join-hagerty-for-a-drive-at-dawn/m-p/15522

Yes, I know it isn't very easy to see them all, but there are so many great photos you really need to see them all and decide for yourself which ones are to your liking!  

Passenger

Sent my photo as a reply to the original message as I could not get the link to work.  

Just wondering if you are going to show the photos you received.  

Sajeev
Community Manager

Try this link, it should take you to the 293 pages of photos: https://community.hagerty.com/t5/hagerty-lounge/join-hagerty-for-a-drive-at-dawn/m-p/15522

ockwellmark
New Driver

A terrific idea well executed. Thanks Hagerty! Received my hat yesterday!

Sajeev
Community Manager

Thank you for sharing!  Hope you love the hat! 

1956BelAir
New Driver

MandiBelAir.JPG

Enzo1california
New Driver

Is there a place we can see all the photos? We submitted 2018 Porsche 911 Turbo S (took SEVERAL attempts) but never heard anything after! Would love to see the photos of all Hagerty drivers and cars!!

Sajeev
Community Manager

You bet, have a look at all 293 pages of submissions here: https://community.hagerty.com/t5/hagerty-lounge/join-hagerty-for-a-drive-at-dawn/m-p/15522

Starter3
Pit Crew

Got my hat package this morning...By UPS-that was unexpected!

Thanks for sending two-my passenger (also my wife and intrepid navigator) was happy to get one too! 
let’s do it again next year!

Sajeev
Community Manager

We hope you love it, @Starter3!

NMS
New Driver

Just got my hat- via UPS, all the way to Israel!

Great experience all around 🙂

THANKS!

Sajeev
Community Manager

Wow, that was a long journey for that hat!  Thank you so much for participating! 

ALDodge
Pit Crew

I was wondering how long it would be to get the hat. I have not gotten mine yet

Sajeev
Community Manager

They are being sent out now, as soon as we can send them out.  Hang tight, if you got the email where we asked for your address you will get it soon! 

JustinSchroder
Intermediate Driver

Have the Dawn Patrol hats been mailed? Still waiting for mine to arrive. Very thankful for the opportunity to receive one. 

Sajeev
Community Manager

They are being sent out now, as soon as we can send them out.  Hang tight, if you got the email where we asked for your address you will get it soon! 

JustinSchroder
Intermediate Driver

Thank you,  Sajeev. The email was received. Just had a flash of panic my reply was lost in the post.