cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grounded in the present, this artist builds his hot rods with an eye to the past

When I was really young, my dad built a ’29 Ford with a Merc flathead out in the garage. He always seemed to have Tri-Five Chevys around, too. Growing up in Los Angeles, you see all kinds of cars, and the first time I saw one with a chopped top, I knew that’s what I wanted. Then I learned that a lot of that stuff—the methods and techniques for building cars—came out of L.A., so it meant even more to me. The Barris Brothers, the Ayala Brothers, all the custom and lowrider stuff, I loved all of it ... Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/magazine-features/grounded-in-the-present-this-artist-builds-his-hot-r...

Replies (5)

Replies (5)

Nicely done on the Packard grille installation. 

Intermediate Driver

A '54 Chevy is so bulky.  Yours, especially in the rear, looks so sleek and completely different.  I love it.

New Driver

I love the old school customizing it took vision and pride, give me 40's and 50's any day

New Driver

I wish these guys would stop chopping up vintage cars. Soon there won't be any originals left and no one will even know what they look like.

Intermediate Driver

MORE MORE MORE! Love the old American stuff! Got no use for foreign cars. Got to get back to the 30's - 50's to get my attention.

Pit Crew