cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Galleria Della Ferrari: 18 images celebrating 75 years of the Prancing Horse

Enzo Ferrari opened his namesake scuderia in Modena, in 1929. It took 18 years for the future automotive titan's name to grace the nose of a road car-the Ferrari 125 S. In the three-quarter-century since, the Prancing Horse has become synonymous with ultra high performance, timeless style, and motorsport prowess.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/automotive-history/18-images-celebrate-75-years-of-ferrari/
5 REPLIES 5

Lots of cool pictures and some nice snippets here. The F40 and the 250 GTO are my favorites here.
drhino
Technician

Surtees won the 350cc and 500cc World Championships for MV Agusta three years in a row (‘58, ‘59 and ‘60). The article seems to infer that he won one World Championship.
KeninFL
Intermediate Driver

All good. I like factory photos from the '50's & '60's best. I can romanticize a better by-gone era when I see them. Gone for sure but "better" only in a selected, one blind eye memory way. As for photos of Il Commendatore, how often he looks both dreadful (causing dread) and precariously vulnerable at the same time. A complicated man indeed.
Driver17
Intermediate Driver

That Berlinetta Lusso is just the most sublime design ever.
Oldroad1
Gearhead

The last front engine machine to dominate motorsports was the Cobra Daytona Coupe, if I'm not mistaken.