cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Frank Sinatra wasn't the only celeb to own this sweet 1970 Maserati Ghibli | Hagerty Media

Frank Sinatra may be the most famous owner of a sweet 1970 Maserati Ghibli on offer at Barrett-Jackson's upcoming Las Vegas auction, but he wasn't the only celebrity to park the Italian sports car in his driveway. Nor is Sinatra's Ghibli the only high-end automobile on offer that was once owned by a Vegas legend.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/auctions/frank-sinatra-celeb-1970-maserati-ghibli/
10 REPLIES 10
Numberscruncher
Detailer

Beautiful car with a star studded history. If only I had that kind of play around money.
merlebalke
Detailer

That Newton Mercedes is certainly terrible. The top that looks like it came off a pickup truck cab and the ludicrous spare tire in the middle of the trunk. Ghastly.
buellerdan
Intermediate Driver

I agree, Mr. Newton undoubtedly spent a significant sum ruining the Merc.
Tinkerah
Technician

I agree AND I'm going to put "ghastly" in rotation. Great word!
drhino
Instructor

Completely agree with merlebalke about the Newton Mercedes. Yikes! That should be offered on a reverse auction. How much would you pay me to take it?
Jay
Pit Crew

Gee, I think you're being a bit harsh on Wayne's Mercedes. Yes, the hardtop needs a bit more thought and yes, that exposed spare tire is kind of silly. But to my eye, its profile looks a lot like the blue, custom Rolls Royce "boattail" that has gotten a lot of press lately: https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/images/rolls-royce-boat-tail-side-profile-2-16...
Iso_Grifo
Advanced Driver

Weird taillights on that? What's going on there?
mags56
Pit Crew

Ugly Mercedes.
Ugly brown Rolls.
Just because they cost a lot doesn’t make them attractive.
And what’s up with the reverse lights on the Maserati? Clearance shelf at Pep Boys?
Reinhold_Weege
Advanced Driver

AS IV?
AS FOR?

I don't get it.
toy83h2ssj53
Intermediate Driver

@mags56, Ah'l hav ya kno dem bakumup lites is Hellas fum a 1961 VolksWagen Bug. Only hi clas stuf on this here bootiful mashine.