cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryan
Hagerty Employee

Ford Performance will offer the GT500’s Predator V-8 as a crate engine

Ford’s most powerful production engine is headed to Ford Performance retailers soon. The Blue Oval is readying a crate version of the supercharged Predator V-8, according to Ford Authority. Ford Performance Product Manager Mike Goodwin spoke about the engine during a SEMA360 interview ... Read the full news on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/ford-performance-will-offer-the-gt500s-predator-v-8-as-a-crate-en...

58 REPLIES 58
elheadflat
Intermediate Driver

1967 Mercury SWB f100 pickup. Has a 9 inch and C-6 that might have to go....but sure will fit under the hood!..

Shortblock
Pit Crew

I dream of putting one in a 1963 Split window Corvette just to even the score for all the nice Ford hot rods with a small block Chevy!

46HudsonPU
Pit Crew

Maybe stick it in that 4-door 'E-Mustang' that is categorized in the SUV area of Ford's website... 
GEEZ!  A 'four-door' Mustang!?!  And, 'E', no less... Blasphemy - no less than that! 
Wish they wouldn't have 'diluted' the Mustang name in that manner - it was bad enough with the 'Mustang II' back in the day...

CP66
Intermediate Driver

That oil pan is going to be problematic for an old school installation.  Of course anybody ready to drop the coin for the swap isn't going to be too worried about that!

Jpdelpozo
Pit Crew

I'd just love to stuff that engine into my 1932 Ford 5 window highboy coupe!  It'd be a nightmare but so very worth it! 

Rumvus99
Passenger

Finally——-an engine worthy of my 70 Opel GT

Kenwarren
Pit Crew

'32 highboy

Ragtop69
Intermediate Driver

The article didn't mention how far into my jeans I would have to dig to secure this crate engine wonder.

Redfox
New Driver

Which transmission can handle that kind of power?