cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

First production Hummer EV and two-door Bronco headline charity auction charge | Hagerty Media

Barrett-Jackson's 2021 Scottsdale auction, held March 20-27, will bring a bevy of VIN 001 production models that will hit the auction block for charity. These will include a first-of-its-kind performance model, a resurrected historic performance trim, and some off-road favorites recently returned to the limelight.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/first-production-hummer-ev-and-two-door-bronco-headline-charity-a...
24 REPLIES 24
gfviperman
Detailer

RAM!!!! Least expensive ... and most fun!
Tim
Instructor

"Least expensive" isn't really relevant in these auctions because these get bid up to astronomical sums. So, really, "least expensive" means waiting until you can buy one from a dealer. In that case, I think a Bronco (starting from $30K) will be less than a TRX, as will a Mach 1 (positioned below the GT 500).

"Most fun" depends on the use case.
bhankinsonn
Intermediate Driver

This will be an interesting auction for sure!! So many special vehicles, such good charities, so much money!!
bellaghia
Pit Crew

Barrett-Jackson also has a pristine 2009 Hummer H3T in the auction which is the vehicle the new Hummer EV was patterned after. These are very rare and that one has every option. It would be cool to have those displayed together.
BillE
Pit Crew

That's an easy one for me to answer. HUMMER. I have a deposit on one. I am waiting for the GMC Dealership salesman to contact me to take my order.

DaveB
Intermediate Driver

TRX! 2nd would be the CT5-V, 3rd the Mustang
DaveB
Intermediate Driver

and all of these are for great causes. I'm a Mopar guy, but celebrate all automakers making these types of donations! We all need to find little ways to "Pay it Forward" and make the world the way we want it to be one little bit at a time.
tcchuck2005
Pit Crew

Pay a premium to get the vehicle. But since it is a charity, I get a tax deduction for the amount above the actual value. I like it.
DAdams
Intermediate Driver

I may be a diehard MOPAR fan, but until the return of the Dodge Dakota, I'll have to go with the FORDs. While the Bronco is more my style, the charity (Juvenile Diabetes) pushes me to the Mustang.
tahend
Detailer

Man, those Mustangs just look better and better every year.
TonyT
Instructor

Better than a 1976 Cobra II Mach 1?
MattK
Detailer

Lol
daveott3
Pit Crew

Mustang, SUSB's and anything from Government Motors don't do anything for me! (Sport Utility Turd Boxes)
964c4
Intermediate Driver

If I was ultra-wealthy I would get the EV Hummer and Ls swap it.
Pdxcarguy
Intermediate Driver

G). None of the above!

I'd save the inflated sale price($) and the auction premium and buy 2 or 3, maybe 4 cool old cars for the same amount of $$$ of one modern #001...

And I can drive my purchase(s) and not just look at a static display in my shop / garage! With out losing my "investment"...

Cus' if you don't drive them...
They're just furniture...
Tim
Instructor

The price that any *one* of these will cost at auction, you could buy *all* of them at the dealer *and* have money left over for some "cool old cars". 😄
Rick2
Detailer

I'll take the Bronco please.
win59
Detailer

The Mustang is the only one that catches my eye. The current trend of Monster Trucks - Meh.
Maestro1
Instructor

Well, I guess this confirms the fact that I am an old car guy. None of them are of any interest to me.
Brendan thanks for this, it's a great PR thing for Barrett Jackson, they started doing this a few years ago when I watched the auction on television.
Eric2
Intermediate Driver

Since all of the vehicles will sell in the six-figured $$$ and possibly seven-figures I'll just set it out and say "WOW! It sold for that much?"
OldRoad
Instructor

The Stang in the photo looks to be a shade of white. Not seeing the fighter jet grey unless the lighting during the shoot was off. Least the car still looks like a Mustang.
Geok86
Advanced Driver

The Mustang is the only one I would own...though I would just buy one at the stealership, and save several hundred thousand dollars!
OLDERbastard1
Detailer

668 HP in a CT5-V, Hmmmm, sounds like that might be fun to drift.... er I mean drive! LOL. The main point is the $ is going to CHARITY......Nice.
Rider79
Instructor

Maybe the Bronco, although I would need to do something about those ugly black wheels. The Mustang would be of interest, but only as a convertible (which they probably will not produce). No interest in yet another four-door truck, especially an electric one; nor, for a huge desert-runner, as competent as it is at that. The Cadillacs would be fun to drive, but I think they are RWD-only, maybe.