cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Dodge's electric muscle car, due in 2024, is only one of Mopar's EV schemes | Hagerty Media

Stellantis opened up the floodgates today and spilled a torrent of news about its electrification plans. Fasten your seatbelts: From an all-wheel-drive Dodge EV to Mopar's F-150 Lightning challenger, change is on the horizon. First off, let's look at Dodge. CEO Tim Kuniskis has admitted that tightening emissions regulations will spell the end for the 700-800-hp Hellcat V-8.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/dodges-electric-muscle-car-due-in-2024-is-only-one-of-mopars-ev-s...
20 REPLIES 20
Mope
Pit Crew

Ok Dodge you have my attention! Bring me the driving excitement of my modernized 68,fuel injected, 5 speed charger and I’ll look in your window. But if I see an oversized iPad glued to the center of the dash I’ll run away and grab a Fairlady.
MissStutz71
New Driver

None. And BTW way, the Stellantis marketing team should be sent to the Detroit salt mines for the cringy e-catch phrases they hung around the neck of each brand.
TS
Pit Crew

Better start building CLEAN COAL powerplants, WIND will not cut it.
uweschmidt
Detailer

YOU,d be amazed how fas t a few hundred square feet of sails could push even a 2000 lb Car ( maybe in the wrong Direction)
mgonutz
New Driver

Dude, there is NO SUCH THING as "clean" coal, no matter how loudly the ex-president crows about it.
BossGreg
Intermediate Driver

Watch it be another four door disappointment. Hope I'm wrong
hyperv6
Gearhead

I just pray it is not another CUV called a Hemi Cuda for no obvious reason like the E Mustang.  

It is sad Ford saw more equity in the Mustang name than Ford. As for the French who knows what they will do. 

40Ford
Detailer

Short answer, NONE!
drhino
Instructor

I’ll add another “none” to the tally.
JSievers
Detailer

All. It’s about time Stellantis (née Fiat Chrysler) got serious about EVs.
Ken5
New Driver

Give me a reasonably priced (Hummer NOT) eV that will pull my RV and recharge in the time it takes to fill my tank with gas and I’m interested. Oh yeah, I’ll need plenty of charging stations at every exit.
VetteVet
Pit Crew

All that might happen in another 20 - 25 years. I’ll likely be dead by that time, and can you imagine the electrical energy needed to tow your RV any acceptable distance? You would be spending more time charging then driving your rig! 😁
VetteVet
Pit Crew

Wow… I just can’t imagine a super car powered by electric motors…. No noise, no growling V-8 internal combustion engine. Just a silent whoosh & whine, and you’ve reached 60 mph in under 3 seconds. Sounds like they are aiming at another looser like the Viper without the excitement of a growling V-8! 😬😢
OldCarMan
Instructor

WTH is a "looser"? Nothing about the Viper is a loser! Won LeMans 3 times, kicked GM's Vette in the azz to step up their game, and the first AFFORDABLE supercar!
erne75
Intermediate Driver

Electric cars, just in time for "You are going to own nothing and you are gonna be happy (or else)"
It is a sad and boring future for car enthusiasts...They probably have sensors that prevent you from turning on the car unless you are fully vaxed and you are wearing the stupid mask.
OldCarMan
Instructor

RAM = Really Awful Marketing, since we killed 75 years of DODGE Trucks!
uweschmidt
Detailer

Please Please Please Could someone explain me the Advantages of a 1000 hp electric Supercar that can do 0 t0 60 in the wink of an Eye in Gridlock in the Morning Traffic or in our Max Speed Limited World ? Limited to roughly the Max Speed Capability of a 1960 s small english Car
MustangJim
Detailer

My concern on that is the lack of driver training. People DO NOT know how to handle 400 h.p. let alone 1000. I am all for the future but it used to take talent and know how to get that power, now it just takes money. I know that there was always those who just had money. I remember a "rich" kid in my neighborhood who did'nt even know how to open a hood and he had 69 GT500... but c'mon..1000 hp? Then they will sue the manuf. when they crash
Chevymanj
New Driver

No matter what company comes out with an EV vehicle I will never buy one!! Logistically structural is impossible. The earths is going to do what is been doing for millions of years! I.C.E for ever!!
Mope
Pit Crew

Well we are all car people on this forum and we love the feel, smell and sounds of our cars. At nearly 60 years old I still have some boy racer in me. I love blowing away the kid in dads Mustang GT on the freeway onramp with my classic.  The problem is when the soccer mom in the twin electric motor refrigerator pulls next to me on the light. She will be in front of me without even trying while I burn rubber in each gear just trying to keep up. Even back in the day the guy with the fastest horse had to give in to the automobile. I will always have my ice cars but we can only be so cool sitting next to it on a lawn chair.