cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Dodge gets spooky, next Miata keeps ICE/manual, Crown Vics forced out of retirement

Intake: Halloween season is upon us, and no amount of displacement can stop the onslaught of orange and black. Dodge released two new packages for the Challenger and Charger muscle brothers today. The first pack, dubbed HEMI Orange, will be available on V-6-powered GT RWD and Scat Pack Widebody models of both vehicles.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/the-manifold/2021-10-26/
16 REPLIES 16
chargeral
Intermediate Driver

No mater what Dodge does I will never call a four door sedan a Charger. If they ever decide to build a real on again I would be interested but nothing they do with a four door will ever get me to like that car.
mfp4073
Advanced Driver

I remember when the new concept came out many years ago. It was sleek and aggressive. The current car has the tall fat front end kind of looks like a brick. The look just isn't there. I tend to agree with you. They will never give up the 4door because of fleet use. But they could add a 2door and blow some minds and our wallets. If they looked like a sleek version of the 3rd. gen. car, I would be first in line to get it.
MATTMERICA
Technician

rumor is the EV Charger will be 2 doors
Revellcraft02
Intermediate Driver

I noticed that the upcoming electric Dodge appears to be styled more similarly to the old Charger.
chargeral
Intermediate Driver

They are pushing electric cars but just last week my electric supplier sent me an email letting me know the rates are going  up 25% in the new year.  That increase is more then I spend for gas on two cars.  No going get me to go with an electric car that way.

compaqdeskpro
Detailer

Every single person in my life, weather its a stranger, friends, family, or a diehard car enthusiast, has called my Challenger a Dodge Charger. I've stopped trying to correct them.
chargeral
Intermediate Driver

The funny thing is many times at car shows my 69 Charger has been called a Challenger.  I guess people just don't really know which is which.

DRKDGLR
Pit Crew

Chargers are Not four doors. Call it a Satellite or Monaco, or a Coronet. The Duke Boys did Not drive a four-door.
DUB6
Racer

And yes, I get what your online screen name stands for.  So why no avatar to go with it?  😋

drhino
Technician

Way to go Mazda! Internal combustion and manual! Wooo!
MATTMERICA
Technician

I am not banging on the Chiron, but if there was ONE vehicle that EV would make obsolete, it is this one. Who needs a W16? With EV they will be able to absolutely murder that hp number
Vintageracer
Pit Crew

A electric Bugatti would be a really expensive golf cart. About the time you start having fun you would be at the charging station waiting for quite a while.
Pioneer27185
Intermediate Driver

How about a Charger Station Wagon with 3 doors Hatchback style and a luggage rack on top for surfboards?
ATLpaul
Detailer

When it comes to Charger and Challenger, if it aint broke, don't mess with it.

They still sell. They are east on the eye, good speed and roomy. What is not to like. Keep building them Dodge.
MrKnowItAll
Advanced Driver

There's plenty of P71 Crown Vic's still in police service. Incredibly sturdy, relatively simple. Many are resold at auction and go on as taxis. I regularly look at wrecking yard CV taxi odometers: 4-500k very common.
Oldroad1
Gearhead

From engine to differential, the drive trains on those Vicky's can't be beat for endurance. Body, frame and suspension as stated above.