cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Did Chevy just reveal the Corvette Z06's redline?

The veiled trickle of Z06 teasers continues. Chevrolet just published a preview for an upcoming 30-minute feature film set to accompany the debut of the 2023 Corvette Z06 next Tuesday, October 26, at 12 p.m. ET.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/corvette-z06-redline-teaser/
28 REPLIES 28
hyperv6
Engineer

Yes it is 8600 RPM.

Team Corvette is full of Easter Eggs.
Oldroad1
Instructor

Until Team Corvette master's victories against real competition on road courses around the World they'll be layen rotten eggs.
JimR
Instructor

I don’t know.. I thought they did pretty well at Le Mans for the first year of both the chassis and engine by finishing second overall. The eventual class-winning Ferrari managed to put one of them out by running into it early on. 

Oldroad1
Instructor

Pretty well don't mean squat. Second overall is the first overall loser. If your unable to compete because of incidental contact you need to toughen up. Road course competition is a contact motor sport and these C8 Vettes are becoming famous for being mortally wounded by incidental contact and the competition knows it. Earlier Vettes were beating the competition by beating and banging and were feared. It was a valued reputation. The current team needs to build back that reputation.
ChrisKennedy
New Driver

With all the video talent in the world, someone needs to do an auto "teaser" in which you don't have people telling us how wonderful the car being teased is but focuses just on the car. The line that sticks out on this one is "oh, it runs so hard"----I wonder how much this cost?

/s/ Chris Kennedy
Davidb
Intermediate Driver

Chris, ("oh, it runs so hard"----I wonder how much this cost?) is the slogan of spectators.
Spectators are wanna-bes that refuse to pay for what they would like to have. If you really want to go fast your question should read, "How FAST is it?", not "How much does it cost?" There are requirements for "going fast." Yes, money is one of them, a major one.
ChrisKennedy
New Driver

Actually only the quoted language was from the video. I just added my own thought as to what it cost to produce such a lame video.
Regards,

/s/ Chris Kennedy
TG
Instructor

If Corvette holds true to recent history, you can get pretty close to european exotic fast for working-person realistic money - so how much is an important factor
JohninNC
Advanced Driver

I thought she said "It REVS so hard"? Wearing a mask in the car was lame to me, a downer.
Gary_Bechtold
Technician

I think the car looks a little better, the motor certainly sounds interesting. It's going to be a cool thing to see in person.
Crisis328
New Driver

Looks like it shows an 8500 rpm redline on the tach in the teaser video. That’s close enough to 8600 for me. 

daveott3
Pit Crew

Back in the 60's they were know as "plastic pigs", I see no reason to change that moniker! Hint: Why is government motors still in business, why of course, courtesy of the U.S. Taxpayer, who, by the way was raked over the coals on that deal!
TonyT
Instructor

The same government that LOANED GM money is the same government that GAVE money to "researchers" to study the rectal temperatures of Alaskan sled dogs, and the same government that GIVES the British royal family $3,000,000.00 a year EVERY year for "maintenance." The same government that pays farmers not to grow certain crops. The same government that has forgotten who earns the money that they GIVE away. Chrysler borrowed money twice from the government; where is your complaint about that? Make your voice heard at the next election or better yet, try running for office yourself. Then, when you are in office, you can make the changes and decisions as you see fit.
gfviperman
Detailer

Chrysler paid their two loans back in full, ahead of time. Not the same story at gm ...
CentauroRider
Pit Crew

Correct! Just read Iacocca's book and he cited many examples of government bailouts to various industries in the past when he testified before Congress for assistance. Whether you agree or not, the cost of the bailout was still less than if the government had to fund unemployment for Chrysler employee's and numerous supply chains affected from a collapse of the company. Regardless, it would be nice to keep this blog on the original topic in lieu of toxic politics! Seriously!
Sdlong329
New Driver

You have Obama to thank for that … it was his mandate.

Hth70
Pit Crew

What does that have to do with it? Go cry somewhere else!
TG
Instructor

Unfortunately I can foresee a day where all of the GM haters and folks of similar ilk will get their wish and all America will do is send corn to china
Hth70
Pit Crew

Not sure about using a NBA player for reveal.(never heard of him,stick with child games, not car’s)
MATTMERICA
Technician

I am with you, who gives a F about somebody that nobody who doesn't watch basketball has ever heard of? I had to google him, apparently he made $29M last year. According to the internet he owns some (3) old chevys, so that is a plus. But again, who cares.
ed
Detailer

As the previous owner of a C6/LS7, and the current owner of a GT350R, I was pretty sure that the new Z06 would have the Mustang in its gunsights, at least for the on-paper bragging rights. The rest remains to be seen. Will the '3 pedals required' crowd relent?
erne75
Intermediate Driver

No
jjc
New Driver

Let's hope that they weren't also foreshadowing the rev hang. 🙂
Uniquecoaches03
Intermediate Driver

For me, Corvette died after 1970. Early Vettes were inspiring and invoking. Then the C8 arrived, it happened when I saw the prototype mule while visiting the Corvette Museum and instantly fell in love with Corvette all over again. I may sell my 1967 Porsche just to fund a C8 purchase but probably not, who knows.
MATTMERICA
Technician

So the engine didn't blow at 8600 in 2nd gear, it says it is going 100mph. So what?
gfviperman
Detailer

One ugly dude!!!
FFlip
New Driver

Whoopie DoDa Day! I think its Ugly, and Chevy has Always been sucking hind **bleep** to Fords. And Probably always will be. Fords Rule all the others Drool!
JimR
Instructor

Mmmm, sounds like Junior has been replaying his VHS copies of “Stroker Ace” and “Days of Thunder”.