cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Ciao, tutti:" This ’77 Fiat spreads the four-wheeled love among Canada's cycling community

Rolling to a stop in a back alley, the old-timer at the wheel of the dusty blue Ford F-150 tips his cowboy hat, points to the little red car, and flashes a thumbs up.

“Everybody gets it,” says owner and avid cyclist Kelly Servinski. “I've got compliments from rednecks, metal heads, everyone. They may not be into me wearing spandex, but they're into the Fiat.”

Read the full article on Hagerty.com: https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/ciao-tutti-this-77-fiat-spreads-the-four-wheeled-love-amo...

Replies (5)

Replies (5)

I once had a 1969 850 Spider in that same color, and was an avid cyclist for many years, (owning a FIAT turns many folks into cyclists or pedestrians.

An interesting aside: the article mentions cycling on gravel... It was due to the efforts of cycling groups like the League of American Wheelmen that the paving of roadways first began. 

Intermediate Driver

I read because of the title - 4 wheeled - thinking I could see a Giardiniera (or even beddah my fav a "Furgoncino low roof") in 4WD. Now that would be special. This? not so much. Thanks for showin anyway. Think I'll see if there's a lill wagon my style around ('65 - 70) and how it might be done 4WD (zuiki parts?). The smaller the 4WD the betterer (personal transport)...

Intermediate Driver

I have one of these, a '67, and it's a true delight.  Got to write about it for Automobile Magazine.  Here's the story. https://www.automobilemag.com/news/1967-fiat-500-giardinera-classic-drive-photos/

New Driver

Great little car, a friend of mine who lives on Lake Maggiore in northern Italy has an original unrestored one, it used to belong to his grandmother and it was passed down the generation but never sold. We went in it a couple of times, it attracted a lot of friendly looks since these once ubiquitous little cars have now completely disappeared in Italy as well. While the standard "bubble shape" 500 can be seen everywhere (most of them restored), the "wagon" version was originally intended as a workman's vehicle and as such most of them were driven into the ground and junked. Very few survive.

Passenger

When I was stationed in West Germany in 1971, I bought a used Fiat 850.  The previous owner had outfitted it in Abarth livery and exhaust, a Spyder rear end, racing seat and a Halda Speed Pilot rally instrument.  It was great fun.

New Driver