cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Chevrolet's no-bid NFT flop, Renault's catwalk-worthy restomod, Glickenhaus' Hypercar dons blue

Intake: Given a contracting stock market and increasingly bearish economic forecasts, the booming worlds of cryptocurrencies and non-fungible tokens (NFTs) have taken a pounding. Automakers who tried to ride the NFT wave have not been spared. Take Chevy, for example, who released a 1-of-1 NFT of the 2023 Corvette Z06 in Minted Green.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/the-manifold/2022-07-05/
11 REPLIES 11
JSievers
Instructor

Investors seem to be wising up about NFTs. Still, a solid bid might have allowed someone to jump the waiting list and get their very own unique ZO6. An opportunity missed?
DrMindbender
Detailer

Ha!! what if you had purchased the NFT+car in Ethereum that was worth $3000 (a few months ago) and now that Eth is worth $1000. What a bargain!!
ttammag
Pit Crew

If you want to know if GM is serious, ask to pay for a physical (real) Z06 in Ethereum.
DrMindbender
Detailer

That is actually what they did...now get this...what if you had purchased the NFT+car in Ethereum that was worth $3000 (a few months ago) and now that Eth is worth $1000. What a bargain!!
KeninFL
Intermediate Driver

"Jeep honors U.S. military with Freedom package for Gladiator, Wrangler"
You mean, "FIAT honors U.S. etc...." Nice of the Italians
Oldroad1
Gearhead

Fix
It
Again
Tony

NFT's make no sense. Let's buy a digital thing which could be copied but assign a digital "limit" to it. It's unique because we say so versus there is something that is physically limited. Now if you could actually get a Z06 for $7500 sign me up.
Tinkerah
Engineer

I'm admittedly a throwback but I don't get it either. Real people are actually "spending" imaginary money on imaginary products that I can copy with a right click? Looking forward to the crying when all the "emperors" realize they've been naked all along.
miata93
Instructor

NFT's are probably the 21st century equivalent of the tulip bulb investment craze.
bradfa
Advanced Driver

Isn't the flag on the Wrangler in the picture facing the wrong way? Aren't the stars supposed to be on the side facing the front of the vehicle? All other MOPAR products (like the RAM trucks) which have similar packages with flag decals always show the stars facing the front of the vehicle, maybe this was a poorly done photoshop job?
Grace
Hagerty Employee

great eye!!