cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check out Ford’s 4 kitted-out builds for SEMA 2020

Since SEMA 2020 isn’t happening as a live, in-person show due to the global pandemic, automakers have been strutting their best customized off-roaders and hot rods on various digital channels instead. We already covered Toyota’s custom-built Tacoma and trio of Supras, and we even dug through the honorable mentions of the Battle of the Builders to find some unsung custom builds.  Now, it’s Ford’s turn in the limelight.

The Blue Oval revealed four concepts in a special SEMA broadcast tonight dubbed Ford Auto Nights. It’s also making quite a big deal of its Mach-E 1400 but, since we’ve covered that be-winged, tire-shredding SUV, we’ll focus on the never-seen-before builds in this list.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/check-out-fords-4-kitted-out-builds-for-sema-2020/

Replies (19)

Replies (19)

They are all overhyped and overpriced vehicles that will likely never go off road.  None will ever compete with the driving experience of the Mustang.  Ford killed all their cars except the Mustang and has little future in the Classic Car market.  Maybe I'm missing something with the masses now buying trucks and abandoning small and midsize sedans.  When is the last time you ever saw a lightweight low center of gravity truck that was a blast to drive?  

New Driver

Could they again manufacture a 7 foot bed small pickup  2 or 4wd lightly optioned with work in mind? 4 cyl NA power.

Those of us that worked in an urban area loved those, and because they were all worked to death, no longer exist.

The fantasy 4wd's just look like scaled up hot wheels.

Yes I am a curmudgeon, and get off my lawn.

Pit Crew

Most custom Fords I see have LS engines in them

Pit Crew

I think the Sasquatch version is the best of the bunch but I agree with chriswalker, I prefer the 1st year style with the V8.

New Driver

My favorite is the Bronco Sasquatch. The reason for this is that in the 70's I owned a 68 Bronco with a 289 V8 . With a winch on the front it never let me down even in muddy water half way up the doors. I wish I still had.

Passenger

Sasquatch is the winner, but not a loser in the group.  Nice work Ford!  

Pit Crew

C'mon Ford. You've developed the 7 speed Manual for the new Bronco. Why didn't you stick it in one of your customs?

Intermediate Driver

per usual comment: If there's no Raptor underneath its just a malcrawl. The 'bolt ons' don't get it. Gotta be the core vehicle. Even then - owners will mod.

Intermediate Driver

I appreciated the work, idea-ism (is that a word ?) that goes into these "custom" jobs but I guess I'm "Old School" and like the "Classic" - "Original" - vehicles; and ones that you can actually use for what they are designed for.....that's just me.

New Driver

Sorry... Expensive and silly.... These needless luxuries leave small wonder why folks hate us....

Intermediate Driver

First Chevrolet KILLED the Blazer and due to the power options and ridiculous weak power of the Bronco, Ford will kill it. In countries like Saudi Arabia, Toyota still supplies the old FJ-4 (not to be confused with the FJ Cruiser) with a stout diesel, V6, or V8. They even still make the FJ Cruiser with the V8. Now in the US, the Chrysler Company who seems to be winning the war on ALL fronts offers the Jeep Wrangler with a turbo diesel and now a 475hp SRT-392! Can you say "Corvette Killer"... And both are reasonably priced when compared to the Ford! Do you know the only vehicle that retains its retail value when you drive it off the lot? THE JEEP WRANGLER (per Consumer Reports and Hemmings). As Motor Trend stated last year about the 2019 Ram Lineup... "If Ford and GM don't update their models and lower their price points, there will be a Ram in every driveway!" Like the Hummer, people are buying into the hype and '**bleep** envy' while putting themselves deep in debt by purchasing the Bronco. Forget about the Blazer... It's a soccer mom grocery getter! 

Pit Crew

They are all overdone.

Intermediate Driver

I see Ford selling a bunch of hybrid pickups.  Very useful for the trades (but without the lift kit, etc.).

New Driver

Half Cab

Passenger

They are all equally disgusting and irrelevant to a classic car collector. 

Gotta say I would be all over that Sasquatch Ford has hit a home run with that vehicle i had a early 70,s bronco which is one of many vehicles i wish I still had in my stable.Cheers R

Intermediate Driver

I prefer the older 1st year bronco

New Driver

the 2021 bronco badlands concept is the bad boy here !!!!!! absolutely beautiful and only needs the v-8 to slay the jeep wrangler 6.4 v-8 

Passenger

I don't like Fords new or old!

New Driver