cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cadillac CT4-V and CT5-V track rats will add the Blackwing name, but not the engine

When the first CTS-V arrived in 2004, it became clear that Cadillac meant business. Keen to shed its geriatric reputation and bold enough to target BMW M and AMG, Cadillac’s V-Series quickly built a reputation for formidable, no-excuses performances. From the original CTS-V came the second- and third-generation versions as well as the wickedly agile ATS-V. The next cars to carry that track-capable mantle, Cadillac announced today, will be the Blackwing variants of the CT4-V and CT5-V. Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/cadillac-ct4-ct5-v-blackwing-name-not-engine/

Replies (4)

Replies (4)

It's a bit of bummer that Cadillac sedan got really good just as buyer's tastes switched to SUVs. Maybe these will turn that tide...

Hagerty Employee

I never thought I'd say it, but I miss the old Caddies.  Big, clumsy land yachts with engines too big and performance too small.  Massive touring cars with garish fins and names like "Deville" and "Eldorado" and "Fleetwood".  Back in the day, I disdained them as the worst of American design, but now that they're gone I miss the romance and the "I don't care what you think" style of the oldies.  Nowadays, they're just identified by letters and numbers and try to be an impossible hybrid of sports car and luxury sedan.  Technically stunning, yes; but stylistically bland - it looks like a Toyota Camry on Steroids.  

Sometimes you don't know what you've got until you've lost it.

New Driver

What's wrong with General Motors that having one of the new best engines in the world, they design a halo car and it won't fit?  It would be hard to imagine this happening to a German auto manufacturer.  With the right engine, I would buy the CT-5 over an M5, but not with the heavy yesterday's news stuffed under the hood.

Passenger

I love that they are doing this. Sadly, I am not a buyer (it just doesn't fit my needs) but it is fantastic these cars are out there.