cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSA bikes to return to the road in 2021

You can now add BSA to the list of storied British brands being brought back from the dead. Thanks to Anand Mahindra, chairman of India’s massive Mahindra Group, the first BSA bikes since the 1970s are soon to be built in a new Midlands factory ... Read the full news on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/motorcycles/bsa-bikes-to-return-to-the-road-in-2021/

Replies (11)

Replies (11)

Of all the possible incongruencies in language,  "electric BSA"  must be at the top of the list. 

New Driver

BSA, Triumph, Norton. The golden age of motorcycles.

Detailer

I just don't understand what all the hype of battery powered vehicles is.  They are no more efficient or clean than an ICE vehicle.  The only advantage is constant torque.

Pit Crew

Bring back the 441 Victor Thumper, my rt kickstarter leg just about healed from the 60s. 

New Driver

Motorcycles should be light, electric motors and batteries aren't.   I'm pretty sure I will not be a fan of the reborn BSA.

Pit Crew

How about an ultra short stroke, D.O.H.C, fuel injected Gold Star in old guard cafe' racer trim. 500cc with 70+ horsepower and a 9000 rpm redline. Bring the brand back with a bang.

Pit Crew

My reaction is like many others with British vehicle experience. After regular strandings roadside in rain or other inclement circumstances, impossible to reach hydraulic lines, Zener Diode failures, “Prince of Darkness” electrics and on and on, why would I consider any British marque? I would be stupid correct? And pay more that a HD price?!

Passenger

As one who lusted for those bikes back in the 50's I will be axious to see what comes of this effort, hopefully a Gold Star 500 single

Pit Crew

BSA also made 3 & 4 wheeled cars in the 30's.

Passenger

They did a good job with the "jeep" even if Fiat/Chrysler didn't  like it. And they do good tractors so why not BSA? 

Pit Crew

In 1965, I got a 5 hp Jawa.  In 1972, a BSA 650 Thunderbolt.  The latter leaked oil, naturally (it IS British) and was slow.  But sounded fantastic.  

Pit Crew