cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Boxster EV to keep mid-engine feel, GM amps up Ultium production, autism can't slow this 22-year-old

Intake: Even though the electrified versions of Porsche's pocket-sized sports cars will have wheel motors, they'll still feel mid-engined: Porsche plans to mount the batteries amidships. That's according to a report by , which says the layout is known as "e-core."
https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/the-manifold/2021-10-05/
4 REPLIES 4
hyperv6
Racer

The GM program is pretty advanced compared to most. For once they did not rush things to where it gets to market before it can be supported properly. This whole change over is a marathon not a sprint race. Those who get it right will benefit those who short change the customer will pay.

drhino
Technician

Austin Riley!

Fantastic
Oldroad1
Technician

I can see it coming. Battery range wars and min government battery range mandates will lead to battery recalls. LOL. No thanks!
Maestro1
Technician

Even though I absolutely would not buy an electric car simply because I don't trust its technology unless I'm driving it and even then I don't like the idea I'm very happy for Rivian,
who is producing a truck unlike Elon Musk's bad dream.
I'm concerned about the rush to electric vehicles if for no other reason that no one in the hinterlands knows how to fix them. And since there is a chip shortage, it ought to be interesting when there's a breakdown.
And, yes, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and the Bugatti closed mine........
Blessings to Hagerties and all stay well.