cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boogie or Bust: Motown to Nashville in a finned Fury

For those of us who live in snowy Michigan, spring can’t come early enough. Our cars spend their winters under wraps in storage until a good string of 50-plus-degree days comes to pass. Last spring came with an invitation from my buddy Jim Krom and his wife, Joyce, to head down to Tennessee for the Nashville Boogie festival, a rockabilly and country music jamboree over Memorial Day weekend. My girlfriend, Elizabeth, desperate for a few days in the sun and a break from her energetic little ones, eagerly agreed to be my road-trip companion. Days off were scheduled and rooms were booked. The countdown was on until we hit the highway.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com: https://www.hagerty.com/media/driving/boogie-or-bust-motown-to-nashville-in-a-finned-fury/

View Entire Topic

Great article and road trip.

Back in 1969, I had the slightly younger brother of that car;

a 1961 Black on Black Plymouth Fury Convertible, with the same Red Interior. And the rare even then 383 with the "Long Rams" Sonoramic Intakes (x2 4BBLS outboard of the valve covers). It seems I remember it had a square(ish) steering wheel.

A super sleeper and with that great torque setup, With the push button Torqueflite and Posi, it was a stop light to stop light king.

Many a 55 Chevy with a small block fell victim to it. I had a number of other notable Mopars but that car was a favorite.

Drive safe and have fun.

cheers

Boots Langley

La Mesa, Ca

New Driver