cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

BMW's next M2 spied, Bollinger dials back retail EV plans, Toyota fleshes out heritage parts horde

Intake: As we learned in our first drive of the new 2 Series, the rear-drive coupe is BMW's welterweight bottle rocket. The successor to the current F87 M2 is inching closer to reality, as shown by these shots of a prototype in the shrinkiest of camouflaged wraps.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/the-manifold/2022-01-14/
7 REPLIES 7
Jfslater98
Intermediate Driver

Those spy pics of the M2 are worrying. I think that camo is hiding more monstrous nose horror. You still have a chance not to screw this up BMW! Was worried about the Type R video too, but the intertubez told me that it will be manual transmission only, hope Honda doesn't change their mind.
erne75
Detailer

Is BMW adding that new hideous front grill they are slapping on all their cars lately? How in the hell did that get approved?
Gary_Bechtold
Gearhead

I'll hold judgement on Toyota Gazoo Racing’s GT3 car. Need a bit more information than pictures. Still looks like what should have been the next Supra versus the BMW we got instead.

As a MK 4 Supra owner I am still waiting on useful parts for the car.
Maestro1
Technician

The tire issue regarding the Bugatti can probably be solved by any tire company that has deep racing experience, Pirelli, Michelin, Good Year (?) that would have the testing equipment that would guide them to a good result. It's true that the people who own them won't drive them that hard but let us be reminded of the Middle East, which can afford the car, and would take it out into the desert and...........
Tinkerah
Technician

If you stare at the BMW long enough from just the right distance you'll see a 3D image of a mechanic leaning under an open hood.
Oldroad1
Technician

...and installing parts that all start at a minimum of 3 digits.
Flashman
Technician

"Bollinger has and will continue to focus on...". Were you not paying attention in 6th grade English? If you are wondering why I'm asking, then you really weren't.