cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoidable Contact #74: The leatherette singularity doesn't just apply to leatherette

T.S. Eliot once wrote that "Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal." Steve Jobs stole that quote, ascribing it to Pablo Picasso. Perhaps he hadn't read Catch-22, which reminds us that T.S. Eliot was not only creative but well-compensated to boot. T.S. Eliot also opened up "The Waste Land" with a dedication to Ezra Pound as "il miglior fabbro," or "the better craftsman," but he stole that from Dante, who used the phrase with reference to Arnaut Daniel. Now here's the kicker; Pound was reportedly a fan of Daniel and therefore would have been both pleased by the allusion and troubled by the suggestion that Eliot's fame would eventually eclipse his, as Dante's eclipsed Daniel's. "If you see dear Mrs. Equitone / Tell her I bring the horoscope myself: / One must be so careful these days."

Read the full article on Hagerty.com: 

https://www.hagerty.com/media/opinion/avoidable-contact-74-the-leatherette-singularity-doesnt-just-a...

View Entire Topic

It is my understanding, correctly or otherwise, that NO vehicles that were given away on The Price is Right had leather interiors, as Bob Barker would not allow it.

New Driver