cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoidable Contact #67: Having built some Blazers, I want to make a Bronco

As I write this, Ford is dealing with a very serious problem: the number of people trying to put deposits down on a 2021 Bronco has actually crashed their website. That's right: in the middle of a global pandemic and some of the worst (albeit likely temporary) economic news since the Carter era, there are thousands upon thousands of people trying to give Ford money for a vehicle they won't be able to drive until the middle of 2021, at least. Many of them didn't even bother to take a run at the configurator before putting a deposit down. They saw the vehicle, they saw some basic information about the powertrain and options, and they took out their credit cards. Take that, Tesla!

Read the entire article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/opinion/avoidable-contact-67-having-built-some-blazers-i-want-to-make-...

View Entire Topic

I hate bland boring cars... Until they are 20+ years old and almost extinct and some oddball one in weird colours (i.e., 90s teal Ford Tempo) comes up in decent if not creampuff shape  --then I want it. Or am at least amused by the idea of wanting it.

"Bronco it" --sure why not? The style of cars is mostly fascia anyways, the cost is in the platforms. Why GM doesn't drop a Firebird body (even for a few years then drop a refreshed Camaro body back on it) on the current Camaro platform (for example) continues to boggle me.

As far as Hagerty Media: The magazine is one of the best, certainly the most consistently great wide-interest (not just one make of car) magazines out there now. More long-form in the magazine is a great idea. That is to say, the magazine being lots of the content you don't find in little tidbits all over the internet.

I think the forum-base is still adjusting to the change as many articles/etc. that should be getting lots of comments are getting few to none. I'm not sure what to suggest on this except people reading this: you can post too!

Detailer