cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoidable Contact #55: Somewhere out there in the social distance

On my third lurid loop around the two-lane roundabout, the insides of my forearms primly pressed together (as Judith Krantz once famously wrote) in a bit of the old ultra-opposite-lock and a Skip-Barber-surplus 2011-date-coded BFGoodrich G-Sport tire gently smoking beneath the left rear fender of my (wife's) Skip-Barber-surplus 2014-date-coded Mazda Miata, I saw the vanilla BMW X3 and its two determinedly vanilla occupants preparing to join me in my circumnavigation. I was taking up all of my lane and a good bit of theirs, a bit of a pain in this state of affairs, so I straightened the wheel and brought the back end to heel, exiting to the west and hoping for the best. Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/opinion/avoidable-contact/avoidable-contact-55-somewhere-out-there-in-...

View Entire Topic

My wife and I folded the windscreen down on the Healey and in a brief moment of sunshine between rain clouds here in SoCal had a nice drive - with plenty of fresh air! Surface street traffic seemed fairly normal but freeways are 1960's wide open.

Police were apparently all busy down in Malibu issuing $1000 citations to desperado outlaw surfers.

Intermediate Driver