cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Ask Jack: What comes after Z? | Hagerty Media

Last week one of my readers noted, in reference to GM dealers, that "Wasn't it the dealers who begged for badge engineered cars, like the FWD A-cars from years ago?" He has a point. This is one of the many areas where the perceived interests of the dealers and the manufacturers diverge rather sharply.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/advice/ask-jack-what-comes-after-z/
13 REPLIES 13
Flashman
Technician

I wonder if Cadillac is okay with the Hyundai Ioniq?
Jack_Hagerty

Just to make sure there wasn't a problem, Hyundai made sure nobody bought one.
geozinger
Detailer

Hey, thanks for the shout out...
Tsaxman
Advanced Driver

Baruth is the only writer to use "yclept" in my lifetime.
VancMike
Intermediate Driver

Yes! And I have, to date, a long lifetime.
MoparMan
Advanced Driver

@Tsaxman: LOL! Having always been classed as a word nerd, I actually had to look up "Yclept"! 🙂
Rider79
Technician

Agree - the Conti should be a good choice.
Bratpane
Pit Crew

I'd suggest an Infiniti G37x or the newer version Q50 AWD. It fits almost all of the qualifications stated.
Rick2
Instructor

I was never a "boat" buyer but one of them would be preferable to all of the tall station wagons we have to try to see around on the roads today.
dchappy
Pit Crew

I like my CT6 with all the safety features, including nite vision. But I kept my 1987 Brougham D’Elegance that’s in mint condition. What a joy to drive !!
driverdude98
Intermediate Driver

This is the kind of writing that has gradually died off from being printed in R&T. Thanks for keeping it alive here, Jack. Great article, gave me a good chuckle.
spoom
Technician

The paragraph or so on the musings of spending the money wasted on forced EV development on a pair of QE2 look alikes instead, is well taken, and in the long run probably would have earned both manufacturers some decent payback. Prestige marques need an impressive size car, (at least domestic ones) IMHO, and having a similar styled smaller version packed with plenty of luxury also gives them a car that many people will actually buy. The continental and MKZ are a good example of cars you almost need a tape measure to tell apart, and Cadillac has been making three or four sizes of the same car for a decade, except they forgot to make the extra large, instead making at least two medium.

Piper
Intermediate Driver

Our 2017 Equinox might, after 40 years, be our last GM.
Inexplicably GM decided to downsize the perfectly sized Equinox and build larger vehicles like Blazer and the aforementioned Traverse.
We don't need smaller and we don't need bigger and the only properly sized offerings from GM puts us in the premium vehicle segments of Buick and Cadillac.
Why does Chevy do these things?