cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask Jack: He knows I can Box!

Allow me to start this advice column by giving you an outstanding example of why you shouldn't take my advice: In 2005, I turned down a Porsche 993 Turbo in order to buy a leftover 2004 Porsche Boxster "550 Spyder Edition," pictured above. The money would have been about the same either way. Had I bought the 993 Turbo, I'd have a car that now would be worth between $125,000 and $175,000 at any random auction I chose. The Boxster? Well, I sold it to a lovely lady three years ago for about a tenth of that. Clearly, I don't know anything about buying and selling cars. But I do know quite a bit about Boxsters ... which brings us to this week's episode of "Ask Jack."

Read the full article on Hagerty.com: https://www.hagerty.com/media/advice/ask-jack-he-knows-i-can-box/

View Entire Topic

In your examples of a miata beating a boxster or a corvette beating a GT3, only if the drivers skill levels are extremely disparate.  IE, no way does a miata keep up with a boxster given the same driver, same with the corvette and a GT3. 

These are great cars and if you have a modicum of mechanical ability, they're astonishingly cheap to maintain.

Passenger