cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

Adored upon their debuts, Zagato's two Volvo-based concepts are lost to time | Hagerty Media

Volvo injected Italian flair into its range when it introduced the upscale 262C for the 1978 model year. Designed and built by Bertone near Turin, the coupe stood proud as the first product of an unexpected collaboration, but the idea of putting marinara sauce on Swedish meatballs wasn't new.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/car-profiles/adored-upon-their-debuts-zagatos-two-volvo-based-concepts...
4 REPLIES 4
RJ
Detailer

"the idea of putting marinara sauce on Swedish meatballs wasn’t new." That phrase will be in my head for a long time - great imagery.
drhino
Technician

The first one is beautiful. The second...
chrlsful
Instructor

2nd pic, B&W=ford Maverick; 4th and down all the way to the wolwos, a GM product (80s?) Olds?...not a Ferenzia, I can see it now in my mind's eye (but can't name)...

Its interesting to me how these very similar designs can have slight adjustments and lay out a totally different vibe, style, actual car. Much like music - we hear a certain melody (sometimes even lyrics) and do an entirely new riff. OR...Andy Warhol does a Rembrandt and creates anew...
gincledon
Intermediate Driver

It looks like after Volvo passed on it the styling was used on the Alfa GTV and Fiat Dino. Better looking and I had a couple of Alfa GTV's and they were great cars.