cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bryan
Hagerty Employee

AC Cobra in electrification shock

In a move that will stun die-hard enthusiasts, AC Cars has unveiled an all-electric Cobra.

Just 58 will be built, closely based on the original AC Cobra, but instead of Ford V-8 power there will be an electric drive system. A 54-kWh battery pack and 230 kW (312 hp) motor will launch the electric Cobra from 0-62 mph in 6.7 seconds and provide a driving rage of 150 miles. Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/news/ac-cobra-in-electrification-shock/

5 REPLIES 5
gpsuya
Intermediate Driver

I don't care how fast it is, without the roar of a V8 & a stick shift, driving this would give me the same excitement as turning on my bench grinder.

tonyis
New Driver

I generally don't mind the trend of electrifying classics. But this particular version makes the car worse in practically every category, so what's the point? A small block isn't very difficult to maintain. And no one is commuting in this and needs to save some gas.

CJinSD
Advanced Driver

The only thing EVs do well is accelerate, and this one is no quicker than a Civic Si. Hard pass.

OldRoad
Instructor

When I was a ten year old playing with my slot cars, I day dreamed of those little cars being full scale models so I could get in and drive them. Be careful what you wish for is the moral of that 10 year old's day dream.

RW68RSConv
Intermediate Driver

What, no side pipes? And you call that a Cobra....