cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Corvette race against time

“My other car is a Corvette,” Larry told the girl as he opened the passenger door and ushered her inside. “Well, it’s on order, anyway.” Her response was a sustained giggle, followed by open laughter, and who could have blamed her? The old Datsun was clearly on its last legs, with a wooden 2x4 propping up a collapsed driver’s seatback. Larry was telling the truth, but there was no way to prove it; his order for a mahogany ‘76 would end up sitting at the factory for quite a while. “I wanted a four-speed manual,” he recalls, “and they were only shipping automatics.” After six months or so, his dealer called and told him his ship had come in. In the meantime, Larry had closed a very different sort of deal: that laughing girl in the passenger seat of a worn-out sedan had agreed to be his wife, modest personal transportation notwithstanding.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com: https://www.hagerty.com/media/people/a-corvette-race-against-time/

View Entire Topic

What a wonderful story, I have owned Corvettes since 1976. My first Corvette was a 1976 Mahogany L82 four speed with black interior. I sold the car four years later and bought my first restoration project, which was a 67 427 convertible. There have been quite a few over the years and my last Corvette, a 1970 LT1 Convertible is in my garage today and some day will belong to my daughter Abby, who grew up riding in and driving my Corvettes. God Bless you Larry, and I hope that the good lord gives you more time than the doctors think to enjoy that beautiful C8!

Passenger