cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A ’60s summer in Paris leads to a search for a good Peugeot 404

Whether the subject is food, colors, or cars, I generally do not have favorites. What’s best is situational, and even then, subject to the vicissitudes of mind and mood. But when it comes to cars from the classic car era—roughly from WWII’s end to the first Arab Oil Embargo—the Peugeot 404 stands above all others. It’s partly the crisp, clean styling by Pininfarina, and partly the precise rack-and-pinion steering, then practically unheard of in the U.S. Then there’s the suspension, which took pothole-pocked Massachusetts roads with aplomb, even when negotiating tight curves. At a time when American station wagons came rattling out of the factory, this French estate was still solid in middle age.

Read the full article on Hagerty.com:

https://www.hagerty.com/media/driving/a-60s-summer-in-paris-leads-to-a-search-for-a-good-peugeot-404...

Replies (3)

Replies (3)

Wait, the Souza brothers are still in Somerville? I thought that garage turned into a crossfit gym. Did they relocate? I was searching for them and stumbled across this recent article...

Passenger

Lovely piece, beautifully written. So many of us have fond memories of long-gone cars, and only some of those memories hold up well when we meet our long-lost loves, or their near-identical twins, decades later.

New Driver

Brilliantly written!  You know you need one....

Passenger