cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9 out-there supercars of the 21st century

Supercars, by their very shock-and-awe factor, are often the gateway to lifelong car enthusiasm. By the 2000s, inspired visionaries from all over the world were vying to capture the car-loving world’s attention with bold and ambitious takes on what defined a supercar in the 21st century.

Read the full article at Hagerty.com: https://www.hagerty.com/media/lists/9-out-there-supercars-of-the-21st-century/

Replies (15)

Replies (15)

Hold up, why isn’t the 1969 MACH 1 on the list? What am I missing? Please enlighten me, I think that deserves a spot, don’t you?

- TOPGUN.....

Passenger

The title says, "Out there supercars"- the Ford GT feels pretty mainstream but yeah it could be on the list just because of the price tag.  I'll still take the Countach as the baddest of all time, and it debuted the year after me- 1974! 

A cool article could be, The meanest car (new or used) you can own for under $50,000 and not go broke maintaining for 100,000 miles. 

Intermediate Driver

I live in the real world and these monuments to engineering ego reside in LA LA Land and in the realm of Chapter 11.

Don't forget one of the greatest rules of fast cars. " There is nothing colder than last year's hot one."    Jim

Pit Crew

Frankly, I am not impressed.  On the real life street, no "super car" is quicker than my 1973 MG BGT.  Timidity reigns, I'm sorry.  But every "hot" car ends up in my rear view mirror.  Of course, it is not the car, it is the pilot.  I am cheerfully entertaining sharing of car keys!

Pit Crew

Any real Ford GT at all should have been considered for this list. That is all.

New Driver

Terrific roundup of some very nice cars! Were it not for this article I would never have heard of most of them. Aside - what are the odds that two unrelated car builders would both be named Shelby?  

Detailer

So you reference Pagani in the TVR Sagaris description, but then failed to cover what is possibly wilder than anything on your list. Even if you were overlooking the "big name" brands like Ferrari, Lambo, Aston and Porsche, there is probably no design wilder than the Pagani Zonda. Besides more informed writers, you also need some proof-readers, (or at least use a spell-checker) for your articles...

New Driver

Big miss not including the Ford GT.

Shame

Passenger

I guess what it boils down to is: if you can afford one of these cars you don't have to worry about the cost of the speeding ticket. 

Intermediate Driver

You forgot the C-6 Z06. Double its price and it would fit right in here.

New Driver

The only car I can think of that is missing a deserved spot is the Hennessey Venom GT. Of the lot, I would take the Mosler. 

Intermediate Driver

Nice list of supercars. Good article. Some well known and some unknown to myself. Along the same lines, let us not forget the “Fastest car you can build in your own garage”, the Factory Five GTM. Yes, for the DIY type and for a fraction of the price of any of these you can have the speed, looks and pride of having built it yourself. 

Pit Crew

Somehow, nearly all of these cars resemble “Star Wars-meets-Stealth Fighter” in their stylings. To me, at least… you know, the eye of the beholder thing.

Performance-wise, well — they’re called supercars, and I’ll readily confess to being in the majority of the ignorami when it comes to personal experience with anything coming close to them.

The Spyker, however, lives in its own realm. Its styling is far apart from the others, (maybe even behind, in that “best way possible”.).

It simply says “Class”, in the way that the most attractive and classic British and Italian GT and SportsCars did, and still do.

That said, if some generous, but choice-limiting Genie were to make me an offer of any of them; it’d be one I couldn’t refuse.

Intermediate Driver

For less than $200,000 you can buy the new Porche Taycan electric car with a zero to 60 time of 1.9 sec and zero to 100 mph in 9 sec. It will probably beat any of these cars at half the price.

Passenger

Wow, very impressive list.  Most of those you featured, I've never heard of, which can only say, I'm way behind the times.  Great job.  I love all the features you display.

Passenger