cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hagerty
Hagerty Employee

8 raucous, pedigreed race cars up for grabs from RM Sotheby's this November | Hagerty Media

If you're anywhere near the South of France on November 19 this year, you might just want to take a day and swing by Circuit Paul Ricard. No, there's no Grand Prix on, but there are "75 of the the finest racing and road cars in the world" all crossing the auction block at no reserve, according to RM Sotheby's.
https://www.hagerty.com/media/auctions/8-raucous-pedigreed-race-cars-up-for-grabs-from-rm-sothebys-t...
22 REPLIES 22
Oldroad1
Advanced Driver

What is with the UFO fling above the Honker?
Gene_M
Intermediate Driver

Light fixtures on their posts that have been blurred bu the high speed photography
Bokeoyaji
Intermediate Driver

Aw, dude, you've ruined it...
AlpinaC2
Pit Crew

Interstellar reconnaissance of a spectacular light purple paint! I have to paint something this color one of these days, maybe a diesel pickup!
dreamingeagle
Detailer

to help repair it when it broke down;

it were a Ford in CanAm, the start of a bad C6 bar joke which pretty much summed up its racing history;
Eric2
Intermediate Driver

Them pesky aliens are everywhere anymore!
40Ford
Detailer

While I’m not an expert on UFO’s I did see one, confirmed by my wife who was with me at the time and by my two sons who were at home at the time, they even made drawings of it.
I can tell you that is a UFO.
Sorry I don’t know the Make/Model/Year.
Billthecat707
Detailer

What an amazing collection.
LamboEd
Intermediate Driver

Wow, I wonder if they would take an offer on all 76? LOL I went to RM Sotheby's website and they currently have 62 cars listed, but the cars do not have any details yet, coming soon. There are 3 F! cars, I would like to have all 3, but none earth shattering - 90 Arrows, 99 Prost, and 77 March, no race history as no details yet. Many amazing street cars as well with the highlight, IMHO, a Red 1981 Countach LP400 S. Based on the serial number it is one of the last Series 2 cars. No other details available yet but in the picture there is no wing. You just don't see any LP400 S coming up for sale, what this car goes for will interest me as I have a red series 2 with wing..
What an amazing collection of race and road cars, I need to make a trip to the south of France this fall!!!
Punk
Detailer

XJ 220 race car? Yes, please!!!
erne75
Intermediate Driver

The XJ 220 and the Lister would make for a killer all Brit race car collection!
stevecobb45
Detailer

Make mine the 1955 Ferrari 250 GT Berlinetta Competizione (in my dreams that is).
MATTMERICA
Instructor

A truly different world for the filthy rich. Any of the Ferraris would work for me, I am easy lol
LagunaMike
New Driver

Another Honker story. . . Mario did a couple laps at Road America in this "POS", came into the pits and refused to go back out in it!!! It sat in the paddock the rest of the weekend!
Real_Life
Intermediate Driver

The Rover-engined "Jaguar" XJ220? Ah yes, the world's fastest racing MG! (Just stirring things up a bit!, now where did I put my hat?)
cobrafia
New Driver

The tin foil one?
SAG
Intermediate Driver

For my taste, Old Italian.
working on the Ferrari's is "instilled in my thought process"
Zephyr
Advanced Driver

Further proof that the worst thing that ever happened to race cars of all types was when they started painting ads on them.
chrlsful
Instructor

no time or money for the track (other pursuits) but U can give me the Ferrari GTB & GT for the nxt grocery run and commute to work (1 for each)...
cigarmerchant
Pit Crew

Kudos on the photography for this article. Many great views of each car with final photos showing a full side view of each.
brb
Advanced Driver

What, no five figure cars on offer?
Gary_Bechtold
Instructor

So many nice cars here. Saleen S7, Jaguar XJ220, Ferrari's. Yum!